*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Birthday and cards
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1799975-Swap-Poker/cid/1163301-Birthday-and-cards
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Entertainment · #1799975
Six friends find a deck of poker cards which changes their lives.
Chapter #1

Birthday and cards

    by: Mr. Scratch
"Happy Birthday Michael.", everyone shouted as Michael began cutting the birthday cake. He just turned 17 and was happy to party with his friends. Michael never was a fan of big birthday parties. He never understood what's so great about big parties with a bunch of people he barely knows. He enjoyed celebrating with his closest friends.

After eating the cake Michael watched at his friends. "What do you guys say about playing poker?", he asked them holding up the deck of cards he found this morning in his garden. "I found the card deck laying on the grass this morning and it had a very strange manual.". Michael showed the manual which was covered with runes from the outside.

"I skimmed through it", he continued explaining, "And it says if you win a hand you can swap something with the others, e.g. body parts or personal information.".

His sister grunted and rolled her eyes. "Yeah right if that would be true... Why do I have to have a brother as stupid as him?", the last part she mumbled but still hearable for everyone.

"Well, even it is not true we can at least try it out and if it not works we just continue playing, for fun.", Josie defended Michael with a smile. Everyone else nods except Anna who just rolled her eyes again. It was obvious for everyone that she did not want to be here. Michael knew that she was only present because their mother forced her to.

"Well then, let's start.", Michael said and gave everyone their cards.

With a full house Jeremy won the hand, then looked at Michael. "And what now?", he asked. "Erm...", Michael quickly looked through the manual. "You er... have to say 'I want to swap ... with ...'.", he explained to his best friend.

Jermey nodded. "Okay then... I want to swap...", he looked through the group. Anna just shook her head and brushed her hair out of her face. "Idiots...", she mumbled.

Jeremy, annoyed by Anna's behaviour decided that he wanted to swap something with her. "I want to swap legs with Anna.", he said angrily well knowing that Anna was very proud of her legs and therefore often wore short skirts, just like today.

Anna continued shaking her head until she felt her legs tingle. Shocked she looked down, seeing her legs in her pink mini skirt becoming manlier and hairier.

Jeremy on the other hand quickly pulled up his leg just in time to see his hair retreat in his legs.

"What the fuck?!", Anna exclaimed, "It really works?!". She looks at Jeremy. "Give me my legs back! I look like an idiot with your legs!".

"Sorry to say this sis... but you cannot swap back right now. You have to win a hand... and you have to wait 48 hours before you can get back your legs.", Michael explained while reading through the manual.

"Two days?! I have to run around two days with this legs?!", she cried out histerically, "I can't go out like this!".

"Don't worry. According to the manual reality adjusts and everyone except the ones who play will find it normal.", Michael tried to calm his sister down.

"This is really exciting.", Josie smiled, "So we can swap everything?". Michael nodded. "It seems that way.".

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's continue.", Josie said. It was obvious that she really liked the idea swapping something with the others. Michael himself was not so sure if it was such a good idea but nobody would notice.

"Continue?! Are you insane?", Anna shouted out. "I look like a freak right now because of this stupid deck of cards and you want to continue?!".

"Nobody notices anyway. It could be fun. You started playing and have to play again in two days again if you want your legs back anyway.", Josie tried to convince Anna.

"Fine...", Anna grunted again and Jeremy deals the hand this time.

This hand was won by...

You have the following choices:

1. Michael

2. Josie

3. Anna

4. Philipp

5. Melody

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Mr. Scratch (UN: damaho1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mr. Scratch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1799975-Swap-Poker/cid/1163301-Birthday-and-cards