*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A baby!
  2. The Portal.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1715564-Parallel-world/cid/973830-A-baby
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Other · #1715564
You are trapped in a parallel world, can you find your way home?
This choice: A baby!  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A baby!

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
"Oh, God, Max, it's a baby!" said the woman, seeing a pair of tiny hands following the glass wall of the containment chamber. "We've pulled in a little baby!"

"We have to get it out of there, Natasha!" said Max. "The poor kid is probably scared of of his mind!" he paused. "I'll get into the haz-med suit."

Inside the glass chamber, you followed the glass wall with your hands, the heavy dust making it hard to breath and near impossible to see anything around you.

"Ma...(cough!)... Da...(cough!)... We... (cough! cough!)... Where ar... (COUGH!)..."

you found it hard to talk as breathing in the dust was quickly and severely making your throat raw and sore. Still, you tried as you were worried about mom and dad.

"Ma... Ma..!" you cried hoarsely, tearing up from the pain in your lungs. "Ma... Ma...!"

Then, a low hiss reached your ears and you saw the dust lift slightly as if someone had opened a door. You turned to the sound to hear someone approaching you through the thick haze. What worried you was that each step seemed to shake the ground below you.

"Who is there!?!" you wanted to say. Only, due to your extremely sore throat, what came out sounded like baby babel.

"Easy, there." said a low but kind voice. "I no hurt you."

You looked up to the voice, as you pretty much looked up to everyone, but panicked as you found a towering figure walking towards you. "Oh, shit!" you thought. "He's got to be at least fifteen feet tall!"

The man moved slowly and talked in a soothing voice but you still screamed in utter terror and blindly ran from him, tripping over the various debris, hoping to escape. To Max, you let out a baby scream and was surprised to see the infant, (you), run passed him. He tried to catch you by the collar of your shirt but it ripped off you like so many rags.

"Sorry, honey." radioed Max to Natasha. "I spooked him, he's coming your way."

Not yet knowing, or caring, that your clothing had been torn to shreds during your trip and landing, you ran out into the laboratory with no shirt and your shorts falling off you in pieces. Natasha gasped at the number of cuts and bruises on your body and did her best to catch you with out any harm.

"Easy, little one!" she said, catching you by the drawers. "Calm down!"

You paused, only for a second, as you thought you had heard mom's voice and looked up. Unfortunately, in this world, Natasha, everything, was three times larger and you screamed again, running off. Natasha kept her grip but your shorts and drawers easily tore off of you as they were nothing but strips of rags on you.

"Please stop!" called Natasha. "I won't hurt you!"

Too panicked to think you clumsily scrambled up the large stairs to find a means of escape only to find that the door to the lab was intact and closed tight. Crying and screaming, you pounded on the massive door, hoping to get it to open. "Ope...!" you sobbed, desperately, despite your burning throat. "Ope...!"

To your fortune, the door opened. Unfortunately, you were greeted by a towering version of Tonya, standing in the doorway with a very tall version of yourself standing behind her! He was just as small, compared to his sister, but a giant to you. "That... that's me!" you thought. "Where the hell am I?"

What do you do?

You have the following choices:

1. Try to run passed them.

2. Sit down and cry.

3. Hide behind Tonya's leg.

4. Faint.

*Noteb*
5. Find a place to hide!

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1715564-Parallel-world/cid/973830-A-baby