*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Uma Ferro
  2. Introducing the Five
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2171124-The-Fathouse-Five/cid/2559308-Uma-Ferro
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Comedy · #2171124
Five ladies getting large and gaining weight in a cramped townhouse.
This choice: Uma Ferro (25) the strong, black, hedonistic former athlete  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Uma Ferro

    by: Elusive Wordsmith
You can take the college partier out of college but you couldn’t get rid of the partier.

That was Uma Ferro in a nutshell. She was a whirlwind force, the big fish of personality in the small small pond of 8422 Fordham Avenue. The townhouse was no where near campus but thanks to Uma and the twins the house felt like a college dorm sometimes.

Uma had liked college. She had met her best friend Audrey Durant as her initial roommate. The blondie could be fun once you got her in the right mood and she was smart to boot. She helped Uma with the subjects that gave her issues and if Audrey couldn’t figure it out she usually asked her cousin Ixchel, who was like a walking encyclopedia if one with a poor search function. In college Uma had been there to defend Audrey and help boost her confidence.

It had been unintentional on her part but Uma had gotten a pretty sweet deal getting to live with everyone. Not only did she live with her bestie and the brains behind the brains but the twins were all right once you got to know them. At least, when taken individually.

Living at the townhouse was easy living. It was crazy lively, having five girls under the same roof. Uma liked that otherwise it would have gotten too boring. Yet, not being a relative of the Durant or Park families she got to sit outside the whole sibling rivalry and family drama business that would harsh her mellow.

Getting a place to live without much rent had come at a nice point too. Uma had been a star athlete in college and had been training to get on a professional team. Unfortunately her antics which had passed for college volleyball didn’t mesh with a squad looking to make the Olympic team. Sure, Uma knew she was awesome but she didn’t want wear herself out this early in life. She liked volleyball but she had plenty of other things she liked too.

Her old squad didn’t take kindly to Uma eating outrageous food that wasn’t part of the nutrition plan, sleeping past workouts because she had come in too late from the club or pulling pranks on her teammates.

Her roommates at 8422 Fordham Avenue didn’t judge, which Uma liked. They knew how to chill. Well, usually. And Uma was left to follow her own groove.

Okay, maybe she was late with her share of rent. Because she really didn’t have much of a income that she didn’t already squander. But she’d pay the Durants back once she got famous. Became a big star athlete, a celebrity with endorsements. It didn’t have to be volleyball. Uma did track in high school. Or lacrosse, she still had her old sticks. She could try something new like soccer or swimming, maybe. Get to the Olympics on her own terms.

Someday. Eventually.

Truthfully, the statuesque African American was coasting through life since she had quit the team. The townhouse provided all the comforts of home and plenty to entertain Uma and there were plenty of others to share the work. Most also having to handle Uma’s share.

She didn’t have the same focus as when she was an underclassmen riding into college on her sports scholarship. She wasn’t lazy, per sae, but Uma had become something of a procrastinator who pushed off what she didn’t want to do until tomorrow. Her training also wasn’t consistent so Uma had gone to seed. Not unfit but she had gained more than a few pounds since college.

Uma didn’t care if she went up a weight class. As long her muscle tone was still visible she didn’t care about her size. She could just pour on the coal to drop the weight if she had to. If it ever came up or rather went up.

You see how the cycle continues as Uma waffled on her ambitions.

Her thighs were thicker and it wasn’t from squats. Uma still rocked her blue jersey, though, as she put the finishing touches on coloring her 'do. Maybe it was the years of living with blondie (Audrey) as Uma had taken to the color, bleaching out her tips.

Besides, why did everyone think Uma didn’t keep herself busy? Honey, Uma Ferro was plenty busy. She had a full day ahead of her. Another kickin’ day.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elusive Wordsmith (UN: raccoon6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elusive Wordsmith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2171124-The-Fathouse-Five/cid/2559308-Uma-Ferro