*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. One Missed Call
  2. Mini teen!
  3. One fateful night
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1999614-Warning-may-cause-shrinking/cid/1933824-One-Missed-Call
by SSPP
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1999614
Experimental drugs cause shrinking!
This choice: Use her phone to call her best friend Jade  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

One Missed Call

    by: Unknown
Laura inwardly cursed her mother for buying her such an outmoded flip-top phone. What was this, the early 2000's? The entire device was the size of a boogie board to her now, with buttons the size of leather wallets. After flipping open the phone, she was forced to squeeze the dialing buttons from both sides, as if she were pressing hamburger patties.

When she'd finally dialed her friend Jade's phone number, the ringer was almost deafening. But her ears eventually adjusted to the near-IMAX decibel levels as she waited with bated breath for her friend to answer.

"Ughh...hello?"

Laura's tiny heart leapt for joy. "Jade! Oh man, am I glad I caught you! Listen, I'm on this new top-secret drug for curing the common cold and-"

"L-Laura? Is that you? I can barely hear you."

Of course! Anything becoming smaller automatically puts out much less power. Laura cupped her hands around her tiny mouth and yelled, "Jade! I shrunk! Come over and help me!"

"Shrunk? Did you say shrunk? Like shrinking? Like 'The Incredible Shrinking Man' shrinking?"

"Yes! Yes! Shrinking! Like that kind of shrinking! Just come get me!"

"Girl, it is way too early in the morning to be pulling crap like this."

For a second, Laura almost lost hope. That is, until Jade uttered her next sentence:

"Well, then, if you're really shrinking, then why don't you take a picture and show me some proof?"

Laura blushed. She could take a picture, no problem; her cell phone was capable of that. But the shrinking obviously hadn't affected her clothes, and, with no Barbie dolls around the house, she had nothing to wear at her new size. She felt like one of those slutty girls sending a naked selfie to her latest boy-toy.

But it was the only way. Or was it...?

You have the following choices:

1. Reluctantly take the picture

2. Yell at her until she comes

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
SSPP has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1999614-Warning-may-cause-shrinking/cid/1933824-One-Missed-Call