*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Always a Bigger Fish
  2. A Cold Day in Terrordale
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1957152-Monster-Slopes/cid/1676592-Always-a-Bigger-Fish
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Supernatural · #1957152
Can you survive a ski resort for giant monsters? Winter sequel to Monster Shores
This choice: Help Elisa Teach the Guests How to Ski  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Always a Bigger Fish

    by: Unknown

You figure Roxy’s probably busy, so you decide that you’d go help Elisa, your secondary partner, teach guests how to ski. You walk right to the front door, reasoning that Elisa was probably already outside. She was a monster called a bahamut, a creature you were certain only one exists. According to Arabian myth, it was a fish with a hippopotamus’s head that supported the world while in Dungeons and Dragons Bahamut was a dragon. Elisa however combined the two viewpoints, being a hippo with a dragon’s wings, and a fish’s gills. She was also carnivorous but fortunately for you she didn’t eat humans. You were actually scared of her when Roxy introduced you but you got used to Elisa fast.

As you walk out the front door, a strong cold wind blows past you and you hold onto yourself tight so as not to be blown away. But it wasn’t the cold you had to worry about because you felt tremors, except they weren’t as powerful as a monster’s footsteps. There was something big coming forward, but this something big was something small compared to the monsters. The only thing it could possibly be was a dinosaur. While dinosaurs were extinct in the human world, they were very abundant in the monster world and were considered a delicacy. In fact, they were Elisa’s favorite snack. But unfortunately the dinosaur right in front of you was a big tyrannosaurus rex and he looked hungry. The t-rex roars loudly and you scream as you’re forced to run. Just your luck that the dinosaurs in the area somehow adapted to the cold. The tyrannosaurus snaps its jaws as it comes closer towards you and gains fast. And you just got away from Paisley season.

When it looks like the t-rex is going to grab you, it lets out a whimpering roar as something pulls it up into the air. You look up to see Elisa, your bahamut friend. Elisa licks her lips and opens her mouth wide before she drops the tyrannosaurus in her awaiting maw and swallows it whole. You tremble as you see a dinosaur shaped bulge travel struggling down her neck. While Elisa didn’t eat humans, you were scared to death of the fact that she ate dinosaurs. It reminded you what kind of titans you were dealing with.

Upon swallowing that rex, Elisa rubs her fat stomach. “Tyrannosaurus, my favorite flavor. Thanks for treating me to breakfast Stephen.” “Uh,” you mutter. “Thanks for saving me. But do you have to eat those big dinosaurs in front of me?” “Would you rather I eat you instead?” asks the dragon like fish hippo as she smiles and shows you her skyscraper sized teeth. “Uh no,” you say. “That’s perfectly fine.” Elisa lets out a loud laugh. “Just kidding Stephen. You know I don’t eat humans. No offense but you guys taste horrible.” You let out a sigh of relief, thankful that you won’t be Elisa’s meal anytime soon.

Then Elisa lowers a clawed finger for you to climb on before she places you gently in her scarf. “Come on bite-sized,” she says teasingly. “Time for work. There’re several new guests itching to hit the mountain.” The hippo dragoness flaps her wings and you hold on tight to her scarf as she flies you away. It wasn’t easy being a ski instructor to giant monster girls, but at least you had Elisa to help you. “There she is.” The bahamut says. You both fly down and you look to see that your first ski student of the day is...

You have the following choices:

1. Someone You Know From the Beach

2. New Character 1

3. New Character 2

4. New Character 3

5. New Character 4

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
J. M. Darkly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1957152-Monster-Slopes/cid/1676592-Always-a-Bigger-Fish