*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1957152-Monster-Slopes/cid/1833392-New-Character-4
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Supernatural · #1957152
Can you survive a ski resort for giant monsters? Winter sequel to Monster Shores
This choice: New Character 4  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

New Character 4

    by: PowerFiction
As the bahamut-girl slows to a stop, gently lowering herself to the ground with each flap of the wing, you climb out of the scarf somewhat to get a glimpse of who you'd be teaching today. It was always a good idea to know what you're dealing with when it comes to monster girls. Something about how they looked was usually a big enough clue as to what their thoughts on humans were, and if you would look like a bite size snack to them. You mostly avoid the werewolves, though. Although April was kind to you back at the beach, you've come to learn that werewolves being friendly to humans is...not a common trait.

Looking over the rim of the scarf, though, you get a good glimpse of the monster you were dealing with, but aren't entirely sure what you were looking at. It looked kind of like a rabbit, but with horns? That can't be right. Unfortunately, as you lean even closer over the edge to take her in, Elisa touches down with a thud, and, expecting you to be contained snugly inside her scarf, didn't bother to make sure you wouldn't go flying forward. Which is exactly what you did. You let out a yell as you fall forward a hundred feet or two infront of Elisa, landing in the thick monster snow with a thud. Standing upright and brushing it off, you look up to see Elisa walking over you to greet the monster. Crap. Didn't she see you fall out?

With some effort, due to your body sinking down a couple feet in the snow as you try to walk, you make your way around the bahamut, about to yell at her to pick you up, when you stop and look towards the monster you're going to be training, deciding that now would be as good of a time as ever to get acquainted with the sight of her. Your previous thoughts were now confirmed; she was some kind of monster you've never seen before.

The strong legs and drooping ears, along with the poofy tail, nearly made you brush it off as a were-rabbit, but the horns on her head proved this to not be the case. You thought about it. You know that this kind of monster had a name of some kind, but names failed you at the moment. You'll remember it later, probably. Either way, you get another good look at her as Elisa and this girl talk about...whatever they're talking about. This woman is, unlike the vast majority of monsters you've seen, rather petite. She was quite clearly an adult, but her body shape was deceiving. Aside from her legs, which you guessed were full of muscle after years of jumping, her frame was rather thin, and concealed inside a thick winter jacket and matching pants. You wondered why a creature covered in fur would need such a warm coat, but her fur didn't look particularly thick, and probably didn't help all that much.

"...and here's my partner now!" said Elisa, stealing your attention as you look towards the bahamut. She's prying open the scarf to show you to this girl! "I know you might not have expected to see a human working with me, but...Stephen?" she asks, looking concerned as she doesn't find you between herself and the scarf. "Stephen, where did you do?" "Elisa! I'm over here!" you yell, and the bahamut looks even more confused, looking around her body to find you, as if you're stowed away on her and she just hasn't spotted you. The rabbit(?) woman, however, spots you instantly.

You let out a yelp as she reaches down, grabbing you with furred fingers and hoisting you into the air. You feel momentarily sick as she lifts you up faster then you expected, before suddenly stopping and unfurling her hand, holding you above her face in what looks like awe. Her face was very animalistic, and very much resembled a rabbits, aside from a few minor human-like traits such as feminine eyebrows and a more human-like mouth, though still very rabbit-like. You're honestly terrified. You had no idea if this thing was a human eater or not. And now, you were at her mercy. She didn't seem to regard you as food, though. She just looked curious, moving her hand around and eyeing you up and down. "Wow... I never thought I'd see one so close!" she muttered, and it hit you. This was the girl's first time seeing a human. She looked to be an adult, though, so that was very curious. How could a monster not have seen a human, given how often they're devoured in the monster world?

"Jacky, could I have him back?" says Elisa, and, reluctantly, 'Jacky' gives hands you off to the bahamut again, and she sets you back down near her scarf, only you hold on tighter this time. "Stephen, this is Jacky the Jackalope. Jacky, this is Stephen. He's my partner." You look over at Jacky and she gives a nervous smile. This girl had clearly never seen a human before, so in the interest of giving her the right idea about your species, you offer your hand out for her to shake. "Hello, Jacky. My name's Stephen. Nice to meet you." She extends her hand to shake back, but quickly realizing that it wouldn't work, she touches your hand with her pinky finger, still larger than you, and tries her best to shake. You look up at Elisa, who only smiles in response. Jacky seemed kind towards you...but mostly ignorant about humans. You now wanted to leave a good impression on her, so that way she'd be able to help out other humans in the future, and not, well, eat them.

As Jacky and Elisa prepare for the snowboarding lessons, of which are Jacky's first, you decide you should strike up a conversation with Jacky. Maybe she'd feel a little less apprehensive to talk to you if you warmed up to her. She already seemed to like you, but was still curious, glancing at you often while she and Elisa talked. Your goal was to make sure this girl got a good idea of how good humanity can be, and not how tasty it can be. So, as the lessons have nearly begun, you begin to talk to the Jackalope...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 PowerFiction (UN: powerfiction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
J. M. Darkly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1957152-Monster-Slopes/cid/1833392-New-Character-4