*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Make it, or Die Trying
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1118902-An-Elfs-Life/cid/324447-Make-it-or-Die-Trying
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1118902
You are Mayfair, an elf maiden, and you have trouble staying out of demon's stomachs.
Chapter #1

Make it, or Die Trying

    by: dragonx
It was a beautiful spring morning, the sun shined brightly over the small village of Treemout. You stir from your slumber, looking out your window. Your name is Mayfair, and you are a beautiful elf maiden. As you change out of your night clothes, you think about visiting your boyfriend, who, sadly, lives quite far away.

After slipping into your daily clothes (you have multiples of the same outfit), you walk into you den, just thinking about what to do. You haven't seen Vince in a while, and it is tempting to see him again. Problem is... the roads that lead to the village of Monuna, at the base of Demon's Peak, is quite dangerous, especially for an unprotected elf maiden like yourself. Sure you may possess magic, but it's all healing types. You sigh in frustration.

"Man... this stinks. If only my boyfriend lived here, that would make things much easier. *Groan*" You look out the window to see a Spikey, a fiery wolf monster, prowl the perimiter of the village. The village is protected by a barrier, but you know for a fact that once you step outside of it, it's anybody's game.

Over the winter, while you were collecting winter herbs for your healing tonics, you were ambushed by a pack of Spikeys, and was devoured alive by the Alpha Male. As you weeped inside the stomach of the creature, thinking it was the end, something odd happened. Oh, sure, you digested, but you awoke in your bed, although lacking any clothing. You thought you had died, but there may be something different about you than the other elves. You seem to die after being digested, but you always wake up in your bed, unharmed.

You think for a moment... maybe this odd ability could aid you in trying to see Vince. If you are revived after being digested... then you are, possibly, immortal! Or at least damn lucky. Either way, you might stand a chance at surviving this trip. You snap your fingers, and smirk, "Heh, no problem, if I can't die like that, then I can make it to Monuna without dying!" But then a dark thought passed through your head... What if it doesn't work that way? What if those few times were just a wierd act of God? You gulp and shudder to think of actually dying in a monster's stomach. But you gulp down your fears and decide to do it.

After visiting the local store to get some supplies (the trip will take at least half a month, give or take), you swing your pack over your shoulder, take one last look at the village (in case you do die), and head out. After about an hour of hiking, you come to a major fork in the road. Which way do you go?

You have the following choices:

1. North road

2. East road

3. West road

4. Northwest road

5. Northeast road

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 dragonx (UN: dragonsoul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
dragonx has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1118902-An-Elfs-Life/cid/324447-Make-it-or-Die-Trying