*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2322678-The-Boy-Who-Couldnt-Stop-Growing/cid/MX5JKBRDW-Brady-has-another-growth-spurt
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Interactive · Fantasy · #2322678
A teenage boy starts a never-ending growth spurt.
This choice: Brody woke up six inches taller.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Brady has another growth spurt.

    by: rpdr fan


The morning dawned with a soft glow seeping through Brady's window blinds. Stretching lazily, he groggily rubbed his eyes before swinging his legs over the side of the bed. As his feet touched the ground, something immediately felt off. His toes brushed against the carpet, and when he stood up, his head bumped against the ceiling.

Confusion clouded Brady’s mind as he glanced around his room. Had he grown even taller overnight? He hurriedly made his way to the mirror, heart pounding with a mix of anticipation and anxiety.

Staring back at him was a reflection that shocked him to the core. Where once he had been 5’8”, now he stood at an impressive 6’2”. He blinked, unable to comprehend the rapid change that had overtaken him.

"Holy… I'm taller?" Brady muttered aloud, running a hand through his hair in disbelief.

Excitement tinged with apprehension coursed through him as he realized the implications. His clothes hung loosely on his frame, his jeans pooling around his ankles and his shirtsleeves riding halfway up his arms. Even his shoes felt uncomfortably snug, the toes pressing against the fronts.

Downstairs, Brady joined his family for breakfast, his towering presence drawing startled gasps from his parents and a low whistle from Jake.

"Brady, you shot up overnight!" Mrs. Thompson exclaimed, eyeing him with a mixture of awe and concern.

"Yeah, I… I don't know what's happening," Brady admitted, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

Mr. Thompson clapped a hand on Brady's shoulder, trying to reassure him. "It's alright, son. Sometimes these things happen. We'll figure it out."

Jake, always quick with a quip, grinned broadly. "Guess you'll need a whole new wardrobe, huh?"

The reality of his situation sunk in as Brady struggled through the morning routine. None of his clothes fit properly, and he had to borrow one of Jake's shirts just to make it through the day. His shoes pinched uncomfortably with every step, reminding him of just how much had changed in such a short span of time.

At school, Brady’s dramatic growth spurt didn't go unnoticed. Whispers followed him down the hallways, eyes widening in surprise as students and teachers alike took in his new stature.

"Brady, did you hit a growth spurt or something?" Alex asked during their first class, eyeing Brady with a mix of curiosity and amazement.

"Yeah, seems like it," Brady replied with a nervous laugh, feeling self-conscious under the scrutiny.

Throughout the day, Brady navigated through a maze of reactions. Some classmates cheered his newfound height, while others eyed him warily, unsure of how to respond to this sudden change.

During lunch, Brady struggled to find a place to sit at the crowded cafeteria. His usual table with friends seemed too small now, both in physical space and in the dynamics that had once felt comfortable.

"Hey, Brady, you’re like a giant now," Alex joked, attempting to lighten the mood.

Brady managed a weak smile, picking at his food as he tried to make sense of his whirlwind transformation. Would this new height bring him the acceptance and confidence he had hoped for, or would it only amplify the challenges he already faced?

By the end of the school day, Brady was exhausted—physically and emotionally drained from the constant attention and adjustment to his changed body. He trudged home, his mind racing with unanswered questions and a gnawing sense of unease.

Back in his room, Brady shed his ill-fitting clothes with a sigh of relief. He stood before the mirror once more, staring at the reflection of the tall, unfamiliar figure that stared back at him.

As the evening wore on, Brady retreated into solitude, grappling with the implications of his rapid growth. Would he continue to grow? How would he navigate the challenges ahead, both at school and at home?

With a heavy heart, Brady climbed into bed, the weight of uncertainty settling over him like a blanket. He closed his eyes, the events of the day replaying in his mind, mingling with hopes and fears for the future.

Little did Brady know, this unexpected growth spurt was just the beginning of a journey that would test his resilience, redefine his relationships, and ultimately lead him to discover the true measure of himself.

You have the following choices:

1. Brady has a growth spurt at school.

*Noteb*
2. Brady grows again.

*Noteb*
3. Other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 rpdr fan (UN: royalroyy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
rpdr fan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2322678-The-Boy-Who-Couldnt-Stop-Growing/cid/MX5JKBRDW-Brady-has-another-growth-spurt