*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Modular People's Confederacy
  2. In the beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2267076-A-Chaotic-Galaxy/cid/3189908-The-Modular-Peoples-Confederacy
by Hole
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2267076
Follow a person living in a galaxy full of aliens and antics to be had
This choice: The Modular People's Confederacy  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The Modular People's Confederacy

    by: Hole
Early into humanity's first steps into the stars, the rise of new technologies had brought up many new ideas about how society should adapt to them. One such development is the practical usage of brain transplants and cloning. The idea of creating a new body for oneself and putting your brain into it wasn't that extreme of an idea. However one unique idea came up during a worldwide prison shortage. The idea was proposed to create clones of prisoners, but not to create copies of their bodies, but clones modified to the point that hey were just human bricks. That way the prisoners could be kept in more compact spaces while also being reduced to a state where they would almost never cause any trouble. The idea was floated around many nations of earth, and many agreed with the idea. However public opinion was so divided about the concept that no country was willing to let their prisons open to such modified prisoners. That was until the discovery of the planet Modu-1.

Modu-1 is a terrestrial planet home to a large array of wildlife. However one part of the planet is a near barren dessert with its only residential fauna being a cockroach-like creature that likes taking shelter in naturally occurring holes. It was then decided that this location would be the launch site of the "brick prisoners," as they were called, as the insects would crawl into the mouths of the prisoners and serve as their food. And their immobile status meant they wouldn't even need guards to watch over them.
Over the course of decades, many nations around the world sold their prisoners to be kept on Modu-1 and millions of brick prisoners would take up the desserts of the planet. However there was one thing that no one back home could've expected: the brick prisoners started moving.
As it turns out, altering the dna of a clone so much from its original structure makes it very unstable. So unstable in fact, that the brick prisoners could change their forms (if only a little bit) so that they could grow appendages that could attach to each other. Through the usage of teamwork, multiple brick prisoners could combine together and form almost a human body. By the time observers found out about this phenomenon, millions of brick prisoners had already been shipped to the planet, and through sheer numbers they took over the infrastructure of the planet for themselves, kicking out all influence of earth. The liberated prisoners called themselves "The Modulars" in reference of their interchangeability of parts.
As the next century passed on, Earth didnt have the time or resources to reclaim the home of such a controversial program, leaving the modulars alone to grow and evolve to the point where they looked and acted exactly like their human ancestors, aside from the part where they can detach their body parts at will and each part has a mind of its own that must cooperate to survive, such as the hands needing to grab food for the head to chew and eat for the stomach to digest and give nutrients to itself, the head, and the hand.
Modu-1 is now the center of the modulars' spacefaring nation, called the "Modular People's Confederacy" and has several of its own galactic colonies and formalized relations with other alien nations, but their sour history has left the nations of Earth and Modu in a bitter rivalry. The Confederacy is run by an appointed authoritarian leader called the Warden but the nation is divided into many states that each enjoy much autonomy from the rule of the warden.

So, who in the Confederacy is this story going to follow?

You have the following choices:

1. A modular citizen

2. A human visitor

*Noteb*
3. An alien visitor

*Noteb*
4. A maidbot researcher

*Noteb*
5. Reader's choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Hole (UN: hole111 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2267076-A-Chaotic-Galaxy/cid/3189908-The-Modular-Peoples-Confederacy