*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2171124-The-Fathouse-Five/cid/3155217-Get-it-Together-Uma
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Comedy · #2171124
Five ladies getting large and gaining weight in a cramped townhouse.
This choice: This is Uma's wakeup call—she has to quit her party girl lifestyle and get a job  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

Get it Together, Uma!

    by: hoodiesd
Uma was done. Just... done. After two ENTIRE days of retching, headaches, and being immobile in her bed, rarely leaving the comfort and warmth of her covers, there was only one thing on her mind: she was done. Finished. No more of this. She made herself a sincere promise that she would never ever have to stick her head in the gross-ass toilet bowl because she had too much to drink again.

That meant no more staying up till 4 AM every night downing bottles of whiskey on Audrey's coin or draining her savings account. No more waking up at 1 PM and eating breakfast still half-asleep. And it meant no more freeloading. It was tough for Uma to admit to herself, but maybe it was time to get a job. A REAL job, not some food service or retail thing. Something with a salary. Something that made her get up at the ass-crack of dawn. Something with commitment.

Uma knocked on Ixchel's bedroom door and asked, "Hey, Chel, you got a sec?", to which she heard a muffled affirmative reply. She opened the door and went on in, finding her pudgy roommate at her desk typing up some kind of email.

"What's up?" Chel asked, not taking her eyes off the computer screen until she finished up her paragraph.

"Well... I need to look for work. Like, actual work. No more 10 bucks an hour shit, you feel me?" Uma sat down on Chel's bed and put her hands in her lap. "I thought I'd get a weird lecture from Audrey if I asked her, and since you're the only other person in this house with a job I figured I'd ask you for advice."

Chel spun around in her gamer chair and leaned back, the chair's extra-comfy reclining doing a great job. "Well, well, well, Uma's finally gonna be joining polite society, eh?"

"You bet. No more partying, no more getting drunk every other night. Sick of that shit."

"I'm proud of you. Glad we'll have three people here paying the rent soon."

And so, with Chel's help, Uma put her nose to the grindstone and started the job search. She got her resume all punched up and pretty, wrote up a killer cover letter that she could easily edit for each job submission, went to the mall to get some nice clothes for a potential interview, and started submitting applications left and right.

Eventually, with her perseverance, she got a bite from a company who was very interested in having her come in for an interview! Who would that be?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 hoodiesd (UN: hoodiesd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elusive Wordsmith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2171124-The-Fathouse-Five/cid/3155217-Get-it-Together-Uma