*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2118808-The-Coven/cid/2360109-tell-Joe-your-side
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2118808
A sequel to The Mad Scientist
This choice: tell Joe your side.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

tell Joe your side.

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
"Joe, it is very rare for a witch or witch boy to have the power to choose if he or she wants to be a witch or a mad scientist." Serious, you explained. "On one side, dad has no one else to pass his knowledge to."

"On the other side, mom pretty much had to raise me on her own." Sighing, Joe said. He winced, hope in his eye. "Can't I just learn both?"

"Only girls can work real magic, Joe." Wincing, you said. "Only boys can work mad science."

"So its stay a boy and learn mad science from a father I barely know or literally lose my man card and learn magic from you and mom." Worried, Joe said. "No pressure there..."

"Normally, you would be learning mad science whether you liked it or not." Serious, you said. "Only because the choice is yours, mom and dad are pressing you to favor their power."

"What are the pros and the cons of each?" Curious, Joe asked.

You sighed. "Well, both can easily help you achieve your goal of entering the Olympics." Softly, you replied. "Other than the prerequisite of being a girl to learn magic, the two powers are almost identical with the exception of terms and procedures."

"Then its down to mom wanting another daughter and dad wanting to keep his son..." Tearing up, Joe muttered. "How petty can you get?"

"Its more complicated than that, Joe." Wincing, you said.

"If the two powers are nearly identical with the exception of gender and procedures, why all the hoopla over trying to get me to choose one over the other?!"

You sighed, trying to find a way to reach him.

You have the following choices:

1. You explain further.

*Noteb*
2. Joe runs off, confused.

*Noteb*
3. The matter is dropped for now.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2118808-The-Coven/cid/2360109-tell-Joe-your-side