*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. caught in the middle.
  2. With his father.
  3. It begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2118808-The-Coven/cid/2359009-caught-in-the-middle
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2118808
A sequel to The Mad Scientist
This choice: mom arrives to join in the conversation  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

caught in the middle.

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
"What your father failed to mention was that Ina and Tina were both punished for their little prank against you, Joe." Stepping out, mom said. "The only reason they got any training was because their powers developed at a very early age."

"Your own powers, though developing at a later age, are extraordinarily strong on an epic scale." Smiling, dad said. "Like father, like son."

"But why tell me now?" Wincing, Joe demanded. "Why all this when..."

"When you are so close to realizing your dreams?" Softly, mom asked. Joe nodded to which mom sighed. "Up until now, neither your father or I had any idea which power you would possess; magic or chaotic science."

"Unfortunately, you are the proverbial coin that lands on its side." Serious dad added. "Even now, when you could discover your power any minute, there is no telling which way you will fall."

"What does that mean for me?" Worried, Joe asked.

"It means you have the unique ability to choose which power you want; magic or mad science." Serious, you replied. "Most kids don't get that choice."

"I see..." Nervous, Joe said. "What would you suggest, mom?"

Mom sighed. "Personally, I would rather see you become my fourth daughter and a witch." Honestly, she said. "However, that choice is reserved for you alone. I can only guide you and hope you make the right choice."

Joe turned to dad, the same question in mind. Dad cleared his throat before smiling. "Your mother has three daughters, all with the power of magic." Calmly, he said. "By learning the sciences, you and I will establish a fair balance in the family. Also, it will enable you to protect the family from virtually any threat as my occupation requires much of my time."

"In other words, you will be shipped off to a boarding school to learn how to control those powers of science." Softly, mom said. "You will be away from the family for a full year."

"As was our dear daughter, Gina." Grinning, dad countered.

"This is beginning to feel like a tug of war." Wincing, Joe whispered.

You winced in return, wondering what you could do to help without getting caught in the middle of mom and dad's little love tiff. Reaching a decision you take advantage of mom and dad being focused on each other to...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. sneak away with Joe.

2. tell Joe your side.

*Noteb*
3. something else.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2118808-The-Coven/cid/2359009-caught-in-the-middle