*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. To Sanctuary...
  2. Welcome to Pandora
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2066991-Borderlands-shrink/cid/2068913-To-Sanctuary
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Other · #2066991
Ain't no rest for the tiny...
This choice: To Sanctuary...  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

To Sanctuary...

    by: Hero for Hire
Your journey to this town called 'Sanctuary' was a bumpy ride. You were still attached to Maya's belt as she drove you and Gaige across the desert in some sort of dune-buggy. You were unclipped from the belt once you entered the border of Santuary and Maya tossed you to Gaige who almost didn't catch you.

You were taken into a small building where a lady with short hair and goggles sat waiting at her desk.

"Vault Hunters, you return! Did you get me something nice?"

"Sure did!" Gaige's chirped as she handed you over to the lady who must be Tannis. She held your glass cage close up to her face to examine you, making her eyes look huge.

"He's a slag experiment Hyperion were working on. I assume they want to use slag to shrink people for whatever reason." Maya elaborated.

"Does he know anything?" Tannis asked.

"Ask him yourself."

Tannis opened the top of your test tube and slowly tip it over. You slid down and landed on the table with a dull thud. Unsure of what to do with your new found 'freedom', you decided to stay put and look up at Tannis.

"Well..?" she started, "What are they trying to learn from you?" she leaned in closer with curiosity lighting a fire in her eyes. You were torn between melting at how cute that would be at normal size, or screaming at how scary it is at your current size.

"I-I really have no idea. I was just told I'd get a promotion if I went through with it..." you waited to see if your answer was good enough for her and she picked you up and started twiddling you around in her fingers.

"Now, why would Hyperion need to shrink people? Weaponising slag has already been established so they don't stand much profit from adding a shrinking element, though that would be fascinating, so maybe they aren't looking to shrink enemies but perhaps... allies? Smaller employees means they can fit more workers in their space stations, this allows for more work to be done and thus higher efficiency..." her ramblings continued as you were flung about and fiddled with between the giant dork's long fingers. You tried to wriggle free but you were already starting to get a feel for just how weak you are at your new size.

After what felt like hours, you were released and you let yourself drop to your hands and knees. Tannis had stopped speaking which allowed Maya to finally get a word in. She plucked you off the table and dangled you infront of her face. You looked down at the ground miles beneath you.

"Put me down!! What's wrong with you?!"

"Did you say a promotion?" Maya asked.

"What? Y-yeah, my boss said I had to volunteer for--" Maya interrupted you abruptly yet again, dropping you back on the table and pinning you down with her hand.

"He works for Hyperion. He can't stay here. He'll tell Hyperion about everything he hears."

"I won't!" you tried to shout up to them from under Maya's palm.

"True. But that doesn't mean he can't stay." Tannis started, "It just means he can't leave."

"Go on..."

"There is still much to learn from our new found tiny friend here. It would be a waste to end his life here and now, especially after the trouble the two of you went through to get him, so someone needs to watch him to ensure he doesn't escape."

"Not it." Maya and Gaige say in unison.

"I wasn't asking for volunteers. And I already had someone in mind..." Tannis said, taking you from under Maya's hand. You gasped for some much needed fresh air.

"Who?" Maya asked.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. "Me." (Tannis)

*Noteb*
2. "You." (Maya)

*Noteb*
3. "Gaige."

4. "Moxxi."

5. More choices...

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Hero for Hire (UN: whysocereal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hero for Hire has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2066991-Borderlands-shrink/cid/2068913-To-Sanctuary