*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. "Moxxi."
  2. To Sanctuary...
  3. Welcome to Pandora
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2066991-Borderlands-shrink/cid/2106271-Moxxi
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Other · #2066991
Ain't no rest for the tiny...
This choice: "Moxxi."  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

"Moxxi."

    by: Zadee9988
“Moxxi?” Maya’s incredulous reply came. “Why her?”

“We need him somewhere close in case we require his knowledge of Hyperion systems, but not so close that he can feed information back to his employer through any communication devices he may be hiding on his person.”

“I don’t have any commu-“ you were cut off by Tannis placing a finger the size of a tree over your mouth, effectively gagging you.

“Moxxi’s bar will prove a convenient place to collect him when needed, and the inane chatter of drunken patrons will surely drown out any official Crimson Raider business that may or may not be discussed there.” Tannis concluded before removing her finger from your mouth.

You seized the opportunity to speak again, wanting nothing more than to be let go. “I don’t have any communication devices, you can search me! I just want to get out of here, please!” Your pleas fell on deaf ears as you were handed over to Maya once again and she was instructed to deliver you to Moxxi’s bar.

Maya walked through the door and headed straight for the bar. A handful of patrons turned to look at her, but otherwise payed her no mind and went back to their drinks. Standing behind the bar was a woman as beautiful as she was well-endowed.

“Hey, sugar.” She said, leaning against the bar as Maya approached. “I know that face; you’re here on business, ain’t ya?”

“Hey Mox. I’ve got something for you.” she dropped you on the bar with no fanfare, letting you land painfully atop the sticky wooden surface.

Moxxi leaned in and examined you with a raised eyebrow, giving no hints as to whether this was a surprising turn of events, or just another Tuesday to her. “He’s cute.” She finally said, “But I prefer my men taller.”

“He’s Hyperion. We need someone to watch him. Make sure he doesn’t make a break for it, talk to anyone, cause any trouble…”

“I keep telling you, I can’t contact anyo- OW!” Once again, you were cut off by a giant finger; this time, Maya flicking you across the bar. You were learning the women of Pandora didn’t like talkers.

“He’s got a mouth on him, too. Think you can handle it?”

Moxxi scooped you up like a baby bird. “A handsome Hyperion employee with a big mouth? Can’t be as bad as the last one.”

With that, Maya nodded and took off. Moxxi placed you in a jar half full of money, and signposted with the phrase ‘Insert your TIP’ which implied this was a tip jar. You walked across the uneven pile of coins and folded bills to the glass wall of your new prison to speak to Moxxi.

“Miss, I’m really no threat. I mean, look at me! Do you seriously think I could do anything to hurt your friends? I’m begging you to let me go and I swear you’ll never see me again.”

A patron walked by the bar and tossed a few loose coins in the jar, a couple landing right on top of you. Moxxi thanked the customer and fixed him a drink, then moved on to the next customer, seemingly ignoring you. The next few hours went like this; you pleading with Moxxi, her ignoring you, and customers throwing their loose change at you with no regard for your safety. Eventually, the money had piled high enough that you could reach the lip of the jar and climb right out. But as the evening had progressed, the bar had filled up with more and more drunken strangers, none of which seemed sympathetic to your plight. This could be your one and only chance to escape, but failure could mean worse treatment at the hands of these so-called Crimson Raiders, or even death! Maybe it was better to stay put, and try to get on Moxxi’s good side…

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Stay in the jar.

*Noteb*
2. Climb out and make a break for it!

*Noteb*
3. Maya returns - you’re needed for an interrogation…

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Zadee9988 (UN: jadee52 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hero for Hire has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2066991-Borderlands-shrink/cid/2106271-Moxxi