*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Alien visitor
  2. Choose a scenario
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1981605-Giant-Friendly-Spiders/cid/1759930-Alien-visitor
Rated: E · Interactive · Animal · #1981605
Spiders get huge for some reasons
This choice: Alien visitor  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Alien visitor

    by: Redstreak
Zock the spider wanted to go somewhere new. Fortunately he was a member of a very very advanced alien race with almost magical levels of technology so he had a spaceship that could anywhere in the galaxy instantly and cross the universe in a couple of hours.

"Hey, zone, find be a unexplored planet to visit," he asked his ship.

"One with life?" asked Zone

"Of course"

"Okay, what about this one"

A holographic image appeared of a smallish rocky blue green planet. Most of its surface was a temperature that could have liquid water. The atmosphere was mostly nitrogen and then oxygen. There was a smattering of other stuff specially over the last couple of hundred orbits. It was covered in green so there must have been lots and lots of plants. Zock suspected there was more to this planet that meets the eye.

"Show me it at night"

The whole sphere was lit up. There must have been thousands of clusters of lights. There were even a few orbiting round the planet.

"There must be intelligent life on that planet," he mused

"Certainly," agreed Zone "the place is emitting a positively profligate about of radio broadcasts. I can collect them going back almost a hundred orbits. Shall I use that information to provide a overview of the histories, ecologies, cultures, technologies etc etc. of this planet."

"Spoilers, just zap all the major languages into me"

There was a brief flash of light and now Zock had just learned 20 languages.

"Now take me into orbit"

Space folded and they were above the Earth.

...

"A new meteor just appeared out of nowhere, its just above London. If it hits it will wipe out the whole city. There also all sorts of weird stuff in it, who knows what they might do."

"Blow it up then," said a high ranking military guy

"Yes sir" he said turning a knob from "a missile" past "some missiles" and "lots of missiles" to "lots and lots of missiles" he then pressed a big red button.

...

Zock heard some explosions, but nothing happened in his chamber as his ship had fuses in it so consoles wouldn't go round exploding anytime anything cool happened.

"What just happened"

"We've just been shot at my lots and lots of missiles"

"Why, I've got the chameleon circuit on we look just like a normal meteor"

"A normal meteor above a major city."

"Oh, that makes sense, patch me into the local leader, I've got to apologies for freaking them out, and get them some new missiles too, there probably quite expensive that their level of technology."

"First I have to report some damage"

"Can't be too bad, just fix it, use the femtobots"

"There one thing broke that be fixed in space"

"We'll just have to do without it for a while"

"I don't think that will be possible. The thing that broke is the size inhibitor, its made of out all sorts of materials that can't be made with the resources I have here. I will have to go down and mine some stuff to make it, even then it won't be 100% effective without home-world technology."

"So I'm growing right now?"

"Yes"

"Now big am I now"

"You have already doubled in size, I have resized myself to fit you. By extracting mass from category one universes created in the omni-factory I can continue to grow with you indefinitely even as this whole universe comes less then a speck of dust compared to you."

"I rather it didn't come to that. Seeing their planet swallowed up by growing spaceship will fundamentally change there whole culture. They'll probably start worshiping you or something. Lets hurry up and land on this planet while where still small enough to not make the whole planet panic."

Space folded and they were in a forest somewhere in park somewhere in London. Zock noticed that the trees reaching to more then a hundred times this length, some of there leaves where bigger then his current size.

"Zone you big am I compared to the dominant sapient species in this region."

"You length is about one 24th of the average height. To use the local measures, which I have uploaded to your brain along which an upgrade to you size estimation abilities you measure 3 inches across.

"Good, by the time I become to big to hide myself I should have earned their trust. I'm going to explore, you get to work making a new size inhibitor, I give permission to extract whatever resources you need to do so.

Zock jumped down a tube and went off to explore the new world.

You have the following choices:

1. Continue this one

2. I have a different idea for how this one goes

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Redstreak (UN: redstreak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Redstreak has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1981605-Giant-Friendly-Spiders/cid/1759930-Alien-visitor