*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Special Addition
  2. Disaster Imminent
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1946404-Monster-Tower/cid/1641719-Special-Addition
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Comedy · #1946404
What trouble can a human get into while working at a newspaper for giant monsters?
This choice: Work with Misc. reporters  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Special Addition

    by: Unknown
“On second thought,” says Lexi. “Perhaps you should help out the other reporters around the building.” There were five special reporters that did more than just field work for the newspaper and you had worked with them before several times in the past.

First was Yulong, the Chinese dragoness who wrote the advice column. You liked her. Yulong never showed any hostile attitude towards you other than mild annoyance when compared to western dragons. Yulong was the wisest monster you’ve ever met and she didn’t hold you responsible for the accidents you caused, even when one of them put her in the hospital. You don’t know how old she is but you think that she’s probably older than Lexi.

Another was the nicest monster in the building, Cleotiti the mummy. She was hired to write a fashion column for girl monsters and also had several tips for home improvement and style. She couldn’t even be compared to her twin sister who you heard was the meanest mummy in the world. But Cleotiti had a bad experience with a mean human who left her so traumatized that seeing a human would send her into a blind panic no matter how nice she was and she even tried to stomp on you at one point.

One other monster that was unintentionally harmful to you was Emma the polar werebear. On the plus side, the ursine giantess got you front row seats to the monster sports like football and hockey, but she was not careful when it came to you and sometimes you fell too close to the action. Also because she forgets how tiny you are and how big she is and doesn’t wear glasses like she should, Emma unintentionally endangers you. Last time you worked with her, she mistook you for a piece of chewing gum and you were stuck in her mouth trying to avoid getting crushed by her titanic teeth before you were tangled in the gum already in her mouth and stuck to the underside of a table. You were lucky given how she usually swallows her gum.

And there was a monster malicious and friendly at the same time oddly enough. That nudist weretiger entertainment critic Blake. She didn’t accept you had a girlfriend and was always asking you when you and Mazee were going to break up so she could have you herself. That flirting feline was ought to get you by hook or by crook. One time she even put you in a cage and you had to stay at her apartment for three days. You were afraid to work with her because Mazee would kill you if you cheated on her.

Then there was the monster you feared the most, that pear shaped werecheetah food critic Grace. Grace was perhaps the greatest culinary critic in the monster world and a review from her could be a blessing or a curse to any restaurant. She could remember everything she’s ever tasted and unfortunately for you, she’s tasted over one hundred recipes for humans and you’re convinced they’re her favorite food. She acts like your friend and is polite to you but you know she’s planning to eat you the second you drop your guard. Grace might even have you cooked.

But which one will Lexi send you to help today? You were almost too afraid to find out.

You have the following choices:

1. Yulong the Chinese Dragoness

2. Cleotiti the Mummy

3. Emma the Werebear

4. Blake the Weretigress

5. Grace the Werecheetah

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
J. M. Darkly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1946404-Monster-Tower/cid/1641719-Special-Addition