*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Wisest Dragon
  2. Special Addition
  3. Disaster Imminent
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1946404-Monster-Tower/cid/1934409-Wisest-Dragon
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Comedy · #1946404
What trouble can a human get into while working at a newspaper for giant monsters?
This choice: Yulong the Chinese Dragoness  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Wisest Dragon

    by: Unknown
Lexi then let out a sigh and a smile. "Maybe I"ll be nice to him for once. Maybe he'll surprise me." Lexi turned to you before giving you your assignment. "Tim," she says. "Today you're going to be assisting Yulong with the advice column." "Yes, Lexi." You say. You run out of Lexi's office and for once the sphinx is smiling.

Yulong was one of the easiest monsters in the building to work with. She was a giant green skinned Chinese dragoness. While western dragons were often cruel, barbaric, greedy and harmful to humans, Chinese dragons were patient, kind-hearted and wise. In fact, whenever Yulong got injured by your bad luck, she never held it against you. As you reached Yulong's desk, you saw that she was already at work and that she had her arm in a small cast. Yulong was in charge of the advice column. Because of her wisdom and patience, Lexi thought it would be best to leave the dragon lady in charge of helping people with personal problems.

Yulong hears you coming and the elderly dragon turned her head to face you. "Hello, Tim," she says to you. "How are you today." "I'm fine. Lexi asked me to help you with the advice column." Yulong lets out a cheerful laugh and lowers her long tail to lift you up. As you're on the dragon woman's desk, you see several letters that Yulong had yet to open, obviously from people seeking her wisdom and help.

Then you turned around and see a photograph of a teenage dragoness who looked taller than Yulong and with golden yellow scales and long black hair with green highlights. "That's my granddaughter, Topaz," says Yulong. "She lives out in Dreadberry." "She looks so beautiful," you say. "And tall. She actually looks bigger than you. I thought dragons were supposed to keep getting bigger with age." Yulong shrugged her shoulders. "Elderly dragons can sometimes shrivel and shrink like elderly humans. But I'm sure that Topaz is still growing. Although, half the advice letters I receive come from my son, James. He's been acting up ever since Topaz started dating." "Why is that? Is she dating a real jerk."

"Not exactly," says Yulong. "Her boyfriend, George, well, he's a... western dragon. I usually try to avoid them myself but I don't have any prejudice against them. You see, Tim, western and Chinese dragons are very different. Not only in appearance but in attitude. James is afraid that George is like other western dragons and will lead Topaz astray." You let out a scoff. "All fathers of teenage girls act that way, Yulong."

Yulong just lets out a laugh at that. "Well, better get to work. Just pick one of the letters and we'll see who will be the first to get our advice in today's column." You nod your head and walk up to pick out one of Yulong's letters.

You have the following choices:

1. Reader's Choice

*Noteb*
2. Reader's Choice

*Noteb*
3. Reader's Choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
J. M. Darkly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1946404-Monster-Tower/cid/1934409-Wisest-Dragon