*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Fieldwork
  2. Disaster Imminent
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1946404-Monster-Tower/cid/1641714-Fieldwork
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Comedy · #1946404
What trouble can a human get into while working at a newspaper for giant monsters?
This choice: Work with of the other field Reporters  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Fieldwork

    by: Unknown
You wait for Lexi’s response but Lexi looks down on you. “You’ve been working with Mazee a lot lately Tim. I understand you two are dating, but it wouldn’t hurt to work with another field reporter. She definitely deserves a break from you. Everyone does. What she could possibly see in a boyfriend the size of a breath mint I’ll never know.” You nod your head. “Sounds fair. So, who am I working with today instead?”

You begin to shake. There were five other field reporters beside Mazee. But most of them made you nervous. The exception being Willa Bong. Willa is Mazee’s best friend and also your roommate, or rather house. The bunyip was a marsupial type monster and you lived in her pouch. Sure, she made you pay rent, but she was reasonable about it. You don’t bother her and she doesn’t bother you. But she was confused as to why a big monster like Mazee would have a tiny human boyfriend.

The next of the field reporters was Anna-Maria the kraken. She wasn’t malicious, but you didn’t like the idea of working with a skyscraper sized woman with the legs of a squid who keeps insisting she has psychic powers. Given all the spelling mistakes you have to correct for her, you don’t see how she could be psychic with her brain power. And she was a total slob. Her work area was completely disorganized and she had a bad habit of spraying squid ink that you found totally foul.

Then there was Pan Li, a pandaren. This monster took the term giant panda to a whole new level. But she only spoke Chinese, a language you couldn’t understand and you had no idea if she was friendly or vicious towards humans. For all you knew, Pan Li could love filling her fat belly with tiny people, but she hasn’t shown any malice to you... yet. But there was a rumor she served time in jail and you have no idea why.

One of the most dangerous coworkers was that vampiress Tara. She has it in for you since you broke that window and exposed half her face to sunlight. You were lucky she wasn’t killed, but Tara most likely wants revenge on you for that scar on her face. You couldn’t even say anything nice about her because she’d take it the wrong way and blow a fuse. You once saw her bite the head off a human who told her he never seen such a giant vampire because she thought he made fun of her weight.

Lastly was your least favorite field reporter and coworker in general, that weresheep Ari. You considered her a snake in sheep’s clothing because she published information in her reports that wasn’t true and managed to hide it from Lexi. You wanted to report the sheep giantess and get her fired for fraud but Ari warned you that she would swallow you whole if you snitched on her and she was serious because you saw her eat humans before. You were terrified that a sheep would actually eat people. That sheep also treated you like you were her slave and pushed you around whenever she got the chance.

Lexi opens her mouth to tell you today you’re working with...

You have the following choices:

1. Willa the Bunyip

2. Anna-Maria the Kraken

3. Pan Li the Panderan

4. Tara the Vampiress

5. Ari the Weresheep

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
J. M. Darkly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1946404-Monster-Tower/cid/1641714-Fieldwork