*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. You talk to dad.
  2. More than one mystery.
  3. Mat.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/1878451-You-talk-to-dad
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1938545
One of your relatives is a mad scientist and will change your life.
This choice: You talk to dad.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

You talk to dad.

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
Sighing, you grabbed your magic book and walked to dad's study where you found him talking to your older brother, James. They stopped talking seeing you approach. "Am I interrupting anything?" Politely, you asked. "It can wait."

Dad saw the magic book in your hand and summoned you in with a wave of his hand. You complied and the door closed itself behind you. "I knew you were a witch the moment you were born, Jessica." Firmly but kindly, dad said. "It is only logical as your mother was a witch herself." He sighed. "However, I sense that there is something else weighing on your mind."

You told dad what had happened in the sitting room after you had returned home from school. Dad and James listened in silence as you told them about finding the chaotic science book, Matt saying that it was his and of his girlish bracelet. "I sensed magic on that bracelet he is wearing, daddy." Worried, you said. "It may end badly for Matt if he has a crush on a young witch. Hearing that he's some form of mad scientist complicates matters."

"Interesting." Raising an eyebrow, dad said. "Let us address one issue at a time here."

"All of the boys in this family are mad scientists, Jess." Chiming in, James said. "Do not fear, it is nothing like they depict in horror novels and movies."

"Like your magic, chaotic energy is a power source that only certain people can harness and control." Serious, dad explained. "Magic is geared for girls while chaotic energy is geared for boys. They both work in similar ways, thus they mirror each other."

"Something tells me that they can't mix." Wincing, you said.

James shook his head. "No, they can't." Honestly, he replied. "If you were to try an event, our version of a spell, it would blow up in your face."

"Much like a spell blowing up in a boy's face." Thoughtful, you said. "Viva told me that in one of her lessons and it's clearly noted in the magic book she gave me."

Dad nodded. "Your aunt just recently informed me that she had given you the magic book." Frowning, he said. "While I was disappointed she did not gain my blessings first, I am relieved I do not need to send you to a special school to learn magic."

"There are schools that teach magic?" Curious, you asked.

"Of course." Smiling, James said. "I was at a school that teaches mad science. Eligere Sententia all boys boarding school."

"There are two schools that teach magic." Looking at me, dad said. "However, that is a topic for another conversation. Let us now discuss the issue with Matt's crush on a young witch."

"I concur, father." Frowning, James said. "Matt's crush could complicate matters in the weeks ahead."

Dad nodded then turned to you. "I suggest you follow Matt and determine if this girl truly returns Matt's affections or if she and he are a pawn in something of a grander scale."

"What do you mean?" Taken back, you asked.

James sighed. "There is much you need to learn about many things in this world, Jessica." Gently, he said. "For now, I will say that most witches and mad scientists alike prefer to keep only one power within their households."

"When a mad scientist suitor comes to the door of a witch family, the mother will test that boy's loyalty and measure his true love." Ruefully, dad added. "I know this first hand."

"What do you want me to do?" Worried, you asked.

Dad smiled and replied...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Let me handle this.

2. Find out who this girl is.

*Noteb*
3. That is up to you.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/1878451-You-talk-to-dad