*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/1885235-Meet-the-Mage-family
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1938545
One of your relatives is a mad scientist and will change your life.
This choice: Find out who this girl is.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #6

Meet the Mage family.

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
"You want me to spy on Matt?" Surprised, you asked.

"As a witch, you will be not be viewed as much of a threat as your little brother." Serious, dad said. "That, and if the situation merits it, you can defend him with your own magic."

"We are not suggesting you interfere with Matt's personal life." Chiming in, James said. "We merely wish to know if Matt will be able to handle himself or if he is over his head and in need of assistance."

You sighed. "If I know him, he has already left the house to go see this girl."

Dad looked at a device on his desk. "You are correct." Turning to you, he said. "Matt is currently at the west end of the street and turning right. If you teleport out now, you should be able to follow him without being detected by anyone."

You nodded and cast the needed spell. Seconds later, you found yourself on the west end of your street where you spotted Matt turning right onto the next street. Using an unaware spell, you followed him to a house directly behind your own. "I remember seeing this family moving in last month." Curious, you thought. "Matt must have been the first to welcome them to the neighborhood."

It was a quaint two story white house with light grey shutters on the windows, an attached two car garage, and a beautiful garden in the back yard. Matt walked up to the front door and politely knocked. Moments later, a tall, slender woman answered. She looked down at Matt, brushing her long brown hair away from her green eyes. "May I help you, young man?" Curious, she asked.

"Greetings and salutations, Ms Mage." Bowing slightly, Matt said. "My name is Matt Moray, mad scientist in training."

Ms Mage's eyes widened slightly, an unimpressed look forming onto her face. "What is your business here, Mr Matt Moray, mad scientist in training?" Glaring at Matt, she asked.

"I have come to seek permission to take your daughter, Lilith Mage to the malt shop in the mall for an unadventurous outing." Politely, Matt replied. "She and I had become acquainted in school and it is my intention to expand that acquaintance to strengthen our friendship."

There was a pause before Ms Mage giggled. "So you are the mysterious young man Lilly has been swooning over for the passed several days." Bemused, she said. "You do understand that her affections are most likely a fickle fascination with who and what you are."

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained, Ms Mage." Smiling, Matt countered. "I am only requesting to spend time with Lilith outside of school hours."

Ms Mage looked out at the street. "What of your friend?" Curious, she asked.

Standing on the street, you gasped. "She sensed me..."

"Friend?" Turning around, Matt asked. He moaned. "Why are you following me, sis?"

You sighed, making yourself visible. "Dad asked me to follow you in case you might need help." Approaching him, you admitted. "He knows from experience how protective mothers of witch families can be of their daughters."

"You are a witch, then?" Curious, Ms Mage asked.

You nodded. "My mother was a witch." Somewhat sadly, you said. "My aunt is training me."

"Any sisters?" Concerned, Ms Mage pressed.

You shook your head. "I'm the only daughter." Sighing, you said. "My father can be very protective."

"Then you understand my position." Firmly but kindly, Ms Mage said. "Since you are here with your brother, I will allow the two of you to enter. Be aware, though, I have strict house rules with spells and enchantments to enforce them."

"Father has similar safeguards to enforce our house rules." Serious, Matt countered.

Ms Mage nodded and stepped aside. "You may enter."

You followed Matt into the house where you saw Lilith sitting on a couch in the sitting room. She was no taller than your brother with long sand brown hair and emerald blue eyes. She was wearing a pink princess dress, coloring a picture. Also sitting in the room were two girls, you guessed were her older sisters. One looked to be your age with long sand brown hair and fire hazel eyes. She was wearing a strange school uniform you did not recognize. The other was close to James' age. She too had long sand brown hair but had ocean green eyes. She was wearing a blue jeans skirt and blouse set. All of them turned to you and Matt as you entered.

"Matt!" Excited, Lilith called.

She dropped her crayons and ran to Matt, giving him a hug. "I knew you would come over." Smiling, she said. "This is my sister, Maxine; she's twelve. And the other is Serena; she is fifteen."

"Who is your friend, Matt?" Releasing him, Lilith asked. "Is she your sister?"

"I'm Jessica Moray." Politely, you said. "It's a pleasure to meet you all."

"Matt and Jessica are from a family of mad scientists." Bluntly, Ms Mage said. "Jessica is the only witch in that family."

"Have they experimented on you yet?" Wincing, Maxine asked.

"Maxine, that was rude." Sternly, Ms Mage said. "There is good and evil in everyone, mad scientists and witches included."

"Their father was permanently changed by a mad scientist." Patiently, she explained. "We have since been weary of... their kind."

"It's not personal." Quickly, Serena chimed in. "We have merely learned to be careful who we trust."

"With that said, you may spend time with Lily here." Calmly, Ms Mage said. "However, you will not take her to the mall without an escort from this family."

Matt sighed then decided to spend time with Lilith...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. At the Mage residence with you.

*Noteb*
2. At the mall with an escort, you talk with Ms Mage.

3. She drags Matt to her room.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/1885235-Meet-the-Mage-family