*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1634838-The-Size-Remote/cid/2195088-The-Beam-Hit-The-Window
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1634838
A lightning bolt transforms Matt's TV remote into a device that can change sizes...
This choice: ...the beam hit the window, I began to shrink  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

The Beam Hit The Window

    by: J_Jackson
I thought it would be funny to make my mom shorter so I crept into the kitchen and saw she was washing dishes. I began to program the remote and as I pushed the Minus button she moved and the greenish beam of light shot out, reflected off the window and hit me. Startled and fighting my clothes, I slightly jumped back, elbow hit the side of the door and the remote fell from my hand falling to the floor and another beam of light hit me just as the remote shattered.

"WHAT THE???" I heard my mom say in a thunderous voice then the floor began to shake as she walked towards the noise she heard when the remote hit the floor. In a panic I climbed out of my pile of clothes. Then ran and hid on the other side of the door as she approached, feeling the thud of each step she took, hearing her bedroom slippers slapping the bottom of her feet with every step.

Looking down she said; "So much for that thing," and she grabbed the broom and dustpan and swept it up dumping it into the trash. I stood there peeking out from behind the door unsure of what to do. "What a slob," mom said as she picked my clothes off the floor.

OK, I thought. I need to assess the situation here. I accidentally shrunk myself, I busted the remote dropping it, mom threw it away. Alright! I need to try to get her attention from a safe distance so I don't get stepped on or beaten to death with the broom.

HELL, I need to figure out how small I am before doing anything else. Let's see. Hmmm. I GOT IT!

Mom keeps a yard stick between the sink and refrigerator in case something falls between it to rake it out. Looking around the doorway, I saw Karen drinking coffee at the kitchen table and looking over the morning paper so I made my move to get to the yardstick.

You have the following choices:

1. I made it

*Noteb*
2. my sister Tina walked in

*Noteb*
3. I chickened out, afraid what might happen

*Noteb*
4. Karen noticed me

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 J_Jackson (UN: imdownhere at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bugmaker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1634838-The-Size-Remote/cid/2195088-The-Beam-Hit-The-Window