*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Mutation
  2. Greg
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1318662-New-World/cid/461679-Mutation
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1318662
People search for the savior of mankind in a hostile world
This choice: A new story  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Mutation

    by: spongetronix
This little town had its secrets.Quadrant 7B,it was called.The people lived in terror there.But it wasn't always this way.Jonah laid on his couch ,a thick forearm pressed against his slumbering head.It wasn't so long ago as far as he could remember when the community lived in somewhat shaky harmony but harmony never the less.It started with his daughter,Jessica.Early Autumn was when it happened.Jessica came running into the kitchen with tears streaming down her dirty dust stained face.Her blond hair was resembling wet rags that had had a scissors taken to it.Jonah was standing at the kitchen stove when Jessica ran in.He immediately turned to his daughter and pulled out his stiff white handkerchief from his blazer pocket.He daubed at the little 7 year old and used her tears to clean up her face a little.
"Whats the matter Jesse?"Jonah asked,his voice soothing and non accusative.Jessie showed him her arm.It was small and bruised but there was a noticeable welt growing from her tender milky flesh.Jonah cringed in disgust as he pressed at the welt softly.
"Ow,Dad it hurts bad."Jessica cried,more tears streamed passed her nose and dripped on her exposed arm.Jonah backed off and ushered his daughter into the hall way and up the stairway to the main bath.There he washed and sanitized the welt and covered it with a decorated band aid.He kissed his daughter playfully but she was still in pain and reacted negatively.
By the third day it was obvious to the entire household that Jessica looked near death.Her mother was distraught and cried constantly at Jessica's side.But she never touched her.On that third day the doctors,two of them,priest,five of them and Jessica's parents stood in her room looking down at her sadly, the three nurses who were also there to tend to Jessica seemed afraid,they kept close to one another and crossed their hands in prayer when ever Jessica looked at any one of them too hard.No one touched her as she lay in what appeared to be racked by pain.Her skin was now translucent and one could make out her organs,decaying and fetid.The whole ceremony held their noses and their breath ,standing in the room was painful for them too.The creature that lay atop Jessica slowly devouring her inside just stared blankly about.The monster had originated from the welt on her arm,the arm itself was no longer an arm but a mass of tendons and scales and almost rotted off the rest of the body,except held on by big blue and red veins.It was a grotesque sight and Jessica's Mother could only sob.
Jessica never died that day in fact she survived after teetering on the brink
of death for weeks.
The girl that was Jessica was no more,Jonah had lost his daughter.In her place lay a bloated lump of flesh covered in fine scales.It was vaguely humanoid.It was horrific to gaze upon it had the face of Jessica,and it spoke like her too,when it wanted.

You have the following choices:

1. More trouble

2. Jessica's new self

3. Jonahs delima

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 spongetronix (UN: spongetronix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spongetronix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1318662-New-World/cid/461679-Mutation