*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. More trouble
  2. Mutation
  3. Greg
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1318662-New-World/cid/461684-More-trouble
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1318662
People search for the savior of mankind in a hostile world
This choice: More trouble  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

More trouble

    by: spongetronix
Jonah sat up on the couch that he was laying on.He heard a bell tinkling.He knew what that sound meant.With a heavy sigh he stood up adjusted his blazer and made his way to his daughter's room.The Jessica Thing lived in that room now.It lived in her bed.
Jonah opened the door to what used to be a wonderful place but now he was filled with a deep loathing,a dread that chilled him to his very bones.
Jessica Thing stared at her father from within large limpid eyes.Jonah could only gaze into her pools of blackness.Jessica Thing smiled and bile dribbled onto an orange stain on Jessica's favorite lime green woolen blanket from her mouth.Jonah cringed but dutifully he walked to the creature's bed side and inquired,"Yes my daughter,how can I serve you?"
Jessica Thing gargled and sprayed frothy spittle about from her mouth,some bubbly drops landed squarely onto Jonahs face,Jonah only smiled,a closed mouth grimace like smile.
Just then there was a banging on the front door.urgent and obnoxious.The sudden noise startled Jonah from his reverie and he snapped to full attention,his body going rigid.The banging came again more insistent and Jonah hurried from his daughter's room,keeping in mind to back out of the room while bowing to the creature on the bed.Without breaking eye contact with the thing on the bed Jonah inched his way quickly out the room and closed the door gently behind him.With added haste he ran to the front door and peered through a glass panel at the side of the door.There was man man out there and he appeared angry.
"Yes?"Jonah called.
"Hey Jonah,you have to let me in." came a deep voice although it was shaky at this moment.Jonah realized who it was and unlocked his front door,he held it ajar but blocked the entrance.
"Pete.How good to see you,uh...,what can I do for you?"
Pete was jittery and he looked around nervously,"C'mon Jonah,let me in huh,quick like."
Jonah hesitated,he had a secret,a horrible secret.He could see the desperation in his neighbor's face but he was afraid,deeply afraid.
"Please Jonah.." came a whispered voice,pleadingly.Jonah nodded and opened the door.

You have the following choices:

1. Pete's Delima

*Noteb*
2. Jonah's response

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 spongetronix (UN: spongetronix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spongetronix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1318662-New-World/cid/461684-More-trouble