*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Jonahs delima
  2. Mutation
  3. Greg
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1318662-New-World/cid/1617166-Jonahs-delima
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1318662
People search for the savior of mankind in a hostile world
This choice: Jonahs delima  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Jonahs delima

    by: spongetronix
The evening sun was a sight to behold in the sky. It was a large orange more of the darker tones ball that used its rays to illuminate the clouds and moisture into somber soulful hues of the red and orange variety as dark clouds rolled by. The heat was as oppressive as it could possibly be this time of year. Any break leads directly into a thunder and lightning storm. with a loud crack,booming and deafening the break in the heat came. Jonah rocked slowly and steadily backwards and forwards in his old style wooden porch rocking chair. He watched the first few large bullets of moisture plummet to the dirt driveway , the driveway he was meaning to lay down some tar on and turn it into a proper driveway, another project left in the maybe never bin in his mind. It had been six weeks since his little Jessica turned into foul hideous bloated creature that wore his daughter's sweet face only now it had mangled into distortion by the monster , his new baby girl.
Jonah heard the pelting rain as it came down in sheets upon porch roof and in general .It wouldn't last too long,Jonah decided,too sudden and too hard. Jonah thought himself a good judge of the weather. Meanwhile he rocked slowly back and forth his mind stuck on what his next move might be. He idly fingered his rifle in a caress along the shaft. He was determined,he thought, to use it tonight,after supper. He'd sit with his wife whom he playfully called Mother. He would sit across the small round Formica table from Mother and exchange the salt and the pepper.Their actions would be practiced more reflex actually. He would look up from his potatoes and smile at her gently. When she caught his eye he would smile and nod just a little.Jonah believed she understood his non verbal form of communication. He knew she would balk, he anticipated Mother turning her face away from him quickly lowering her eyelids. She may begin to weep or she may decide to get up and leave,never turning back. Jonah imagined his wife's face in his mind. She looked old, older than her years would assume. She looked tired,drawn in cheeks and deep pocketed skull like eye sockets. Her eyes appeared preternaturally large and they were filled with fear and sorrow. They would eat mechanically,habitually.
Jonah was tired and he knew Mother was too. But this was not a tiredness borne of a hard days work or a job well done, there was no gratification left here. Jonah was tired beyond anything he ever felt before, he felt it in his bones and it emanated from Mother like waves it was palpable.That was why he had to be strong now, he needed his resolve, he was not going to be dissuaded by his wife , not her tears or anger or fright or by his own tricky emotions that threatened to overwhelm him even now.
The rain and the thunder and the lightning began to dissipate,evaporating with his growing resolution. He heard the loud booming noise but this time it was not the thunder,this ruckus was coming from the upstairs bedroom, Jessica's bedroom. Jessica was trashing the place again and he assumed that Mother was cowering in a dusky corner of that room trying to coax her daughter to calm down. Jessica often did not like Mother's alternative dinners. Jessica demanded meat and it was of a very specific sort, the meat of a human. Obviously Mother could not just wander into the supermarket and order up a human chuck or human steaks. When regular meats did not pass approval Jonah had started hunting in the woods out back. He brought home various dead mammals and some larger critters. Jessica became picky and Jonah then had to bring in the fresh kill as is to the child's bedroom where they kept her securely locked in away from prying eyes and government agencies. Jessica was a sickening sight to witness and Mother would often turn away bury her face in her hands and sob loudly,hard body racking sobs that tore at Jonah's heart. Jonah would stand very still and stare at his Jessica,his little seven year old as she devoured the fresh kill. But over time this was not enough and never satisfying to Jessica's peculiar habit, she demanded human meat. She had had it before,she knew what it tasted like,she craved it,Jonah shook his head as he remembered the young home health aide that was Jessica's introduction to man meat.

You have the following choice:

*Noteb*
1. Jonah's delima part 2

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 spongetronix (UN: spongetronix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spongetronix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1318662-New-World/cid/1617166-Jonahs-delima