*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Stubborn Dream
  2. awak
  3. bghgf
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1199294-the-cry-of-dawn/cid/378282-A-Stubborn-Dream
Rated: E · Interactive · Fantasy · #1199294
what if you woke up in a land and thyey all knew you
This choice: go back to sleep hoping its a dream  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

A Stubborn Dream

    by: Nicky Knax
         Jamie blinked in the flickering candle light and sat up stiffly in her bed, though, strangely, it didn't feel like her bed at all. She frowned and stretched, grunting, then, squinted as her eyes met with that of the boy still crouched at her bedside. 'A boy...do I know him?' She didn't recognize him, yet there was something familiar...and the room, is this my room and the candle....candle? Since when did she have a candle in her room...and a desk? And anyway ,'Who is this boy?'

         She felt lethargic, exhausted, her thoughts were muddled, and her head hurt, and nothing was making sense to her. However, to tell you the truth, she really didn't care. In fact, she could barely comprehend anything that was happening right now. She decided, or maybe half decided since she was, for the most part, only half awake, that this was all a dream. The boy just watched her now, a bit of confusion on his pale, freckled face, as she let her head thump back on to the pillow, or lack there of since it was more just a clump of hay stuffed into a rather smallish potato sack. It wasn’t really at all very comfortable, but Jamie fell asleep almost instantly as her head met with the ‘pillow’.

“Jamie...” the boy whispered politely into her ear.

“Ugh...” groaned Jamie, her slumber disturbed she found herself brought back into a state of half consciousness. 'This is a stubborn dream isn't it?'

“Listen...its time to wake up...Mallia’s made breakfast....” he whispered.

“Nugh…er-em…ugh…” grumbled Jamie turning to her other side, the boy finding himself faced with her backside.

“You know how Mallia gets…..”

“Ermph...”

Though he tried, he realized his efforts to wake Jamie in a pleasant manner were in vane, and went to the alternative....

“HEY!” yelped Jamie, as she felt the boys soft, warm hands on her shoulder, shaking her back into consciousness, though this time she was completely awake.

         The boy shrank back, startled by her sudden exlamation. Jamie found herself a bit surprised too, as her voice unexpectedly echoed in the walls of the small room. She sat up straight in the bed, and absently her eyes wandered up toward the ceiling, which she observed was much higher than she thought and rather domed shaped. She then looked toward the boy who was now to his feet, starring at her with concern in his bright, beautifully brown eyes.

indentNow, rather perturbed, Jamie rubbed the crusty sleep out of her eyes and starred right back at him. This was when Jamie finally realized what was happening...or more precisly...this was when she finally realized that she had absolutely no idea what was happening. Now comprehending that this boy wasn't just a figment of her imagination, she decided to confront him.

"You...." just, then, found that she was at a loss for words, as the fuzziness began to come back, and confusion clouded her brain.

"Are you alright?" he asked with obviously sincere concern in his voice. It was about then that Jamie realized the good nature of the boy and how much he cared for her. Somehow, she could just tell.

"Erm....what? I...I..." she didn't know what to say. Nothing made sense. Where was she? Who was this boy? How did he know my name?!?!she thought, recalling how he had addressed her correctly without any hesitation. And that line from my favorite movie...how....

Her eyes widened as she looked up at him.

"Who are you...?" she whispered.

"Jamie...you...you don't know me?" said the boy, his concern eminating from him, as he found himself stumbling with his words.

"Why, of course not! I've never seen you before in my life!" Jamie exclaimed, now more perlexed then ever.

Now, finding herself nearly hysterical, questions began pouring from her mouth, "Where am I, anyway? What's going on? Have I been hidnapped? Where's my dad? Where's my mom?"

         Suddenly, though she couldn't exactly say why, the thought of her mother and father reduced her to tears. For a moment, she starred up at the boy through blurred vision as she let the tears roll down her cheeks and off her chin, then turned her head down. Unexpectedly she felt the boys warm hand again, this time on her forearm.

"Come..." he whispered.

Jamie looked up at the boy, only to see his face immediately turn away. But even as he turned, Jamie swore she glimpsed tears in his eyes. as well.

You have the following choice:

1. Stand up and follow the boy out of the room.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Nicky Knax (UN: monkeyfeet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
E.Jackalo- getin published? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1199294-the-cry-of-dawn/cid/378282-A-Stubborn-Dream