*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Who's Roland?
  2. A Stubborn Dream
  3. awak
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1199294-the-cry-of-dawn/cid/383293-Whos-Roland
Rated: E · Interactive · Fantasy · #1199294
what if you woke up in a land and thyey all knew you
This choice: Stand up and follow the boy out of the room.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Who's Roland?

    by: Nicky Knax

The boy tightened his grip on her forearm and helped Jamie to her feet. He lead her through the door, and into a candle lit hallway.

"Where are we going?" whispered Jamie, her voice echoing even more profoundly in the hallway than in the room.

"To the kitchen...we must tell Roland what has happened."

"Roland? Who...who's Roland?"

"You really don't remember do you? You...you don't remember anything?" he said, his voice cracking with tears coming into his eyes again.

         At that moment, Jamie wanted, with all of her heart, to be able to tell the boy that she really did remember....but she didn't. Everything she'd seen so far had been alien to the life she had once had. She didn't recognize this boy, for one thing. For that matter, she couldn't remember ever knowing a boy as nice as this one, and who seemed to care for her so. She definietly didn't recognize this halway, or "her" so called bedroom. Stranger than all of that, she couldn't exactly remember the life she'd had before this, or the last thing she'd done before she fallen asleep, yesterday, that is if yesterday really was yesterday. Oh, sure, she remember cars, houses, electricity. She remember the Earth and all that inhabinated it. However she couldn't remember any details. She remembered the world she belonged to, but not what her place had been in it. Though she knew she'd had a family, she didn't know what any of their names where or what any of them looked like, or how big her family was. Though she knew she had once gone to a school, she couldn't remember which one she'd gone to or what friends she'd had there or if she'd had any at all. Though she'd remember that that line from that movie had been her favorite, she could not remember what movie it had been from.

The boy kept walking along with Jamie still following behind. Suddenly a boy appeared from a door, his hair a firey red, and his form scrawny.

"Well, I never thought I'd see the day," the red-haired boy teased playfully, running over to greet the boy Jamie had been following," I don't think I'd ever seen you late to anything...and hear you are late to the most important meal of the day?"

The boy jokingly shook his head and made a *tisk* sound with his tounge.

Jamie waited to see the dark-haired boy laugh in responce to his friend's joke, but he was silent.

"Hey, Isacc," he'd answered mournfully, breaking Jamie's heart.

He cleared his throat and turned to me,"Um...Jamie...this is...Isacc."

Isacc's smile faded a bit.

"Um...what do you mean Peter?" he said, chuckling as he talked,"What kind of gag is this anyway? Jamie knows me..."

Isacc looked at Peter than at me, and I hung my head to avoid his eyes, shifting from one foot to the other, nervously.

"Oh....its...its happened...h-hasen't it?" he whispered, and I lifted my head just in time to see Peter's head nod in responce.

Isacc hung his head down.

"Well...come on...we'd better tell Roland..."

The two boys walked off down the hall, and Jamie followed, though she did so reluctantly. It was beginnging to anoy her that she didn't know what was going on.

'I guess this...er...Roland guy can fill me...'she thought as the continued down the hall.

You have the following choice:

1. Peter, Jamie & Isacc keep going, passing lots of doors till come to a huge room.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Nicky Knax (UN: monkeyfeet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
E.Jackalo- getin published? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1199294-the-cry-of-dawn/cid/383293-Whos-Roland