*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. a resaturaunt
  2. Exploring the land
  3. First Day
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1062096-Fat-Camp/cid/1505456-a-resaturaunt
Rated: ASR · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1062096
What awaits Matt in the gates of camp Willix? Big things. additions welcome
This choice: a resaturaunt  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

a resaturaunt

    by: crater face
Matt scurried up a hill and saw a small restaurant just down the way. He certainly thought it was odd. The nearest highway had to at least be 20 miles away and this sure wasn't a residential area. Sure enough, though, there were cars in the parking lot and it didn't appear derelict. Matt thought of turning back but the sky had rumbled tremendously and the rain fell down much harder.

Approaching the building, he noted it's rustic, cabin design and saw a sign reading "Jack's Flapjacks!" Even before he opened the door, he was overwhelmed by the sweet scent of maple syrup and cooking batter. Matt's mouth started to water, but he tried his best to ignore it. After all, this didn't look like a place that knew what portion control meant. He went inside with a soft jingle from a bell hanging by the door.

The interior didn't disappoint. The walls were covered with some typical home country goods and pictures. The tables and booths were all made of maple wood that had been roughed up over the years. And in the far wall was a giant stone fireplace. Even though it was summer, a crackling fire was burning. Matt didn't mind as the warmth enveloped him, almost making him drowsy. He became aware just how wet he had gotten by the time he got inside. His t-shirt, already snug, clung to his broad chest and abdomen. The white fabric was almost transparent when it touched his skin. His jeans had soaked up a bit and felt heavy on his hips.

A waiter, originally with his back to Matt, turned around and greeted, "Welcome to Jack's! Where your fill is never enough." Matt smiled sheepishly, feeling out of place in his wet clothes. "Looks like you got left in the wash." The waiter said and had a chuckle. He didn't appear too much older than Matt, probably 20 or 21. He was rather lean, except for a small paunch forming in his abdomen. A few extra sit ups and that would be gone, Matt thought. "Yeah, I was taking a walk when it started to rain..." Matt explained, trailing off and unsure what to do. He barely had any money on him. "I'm Nate," the waiter introduced himself, "and you'll catch cold in those clothes." Matt shifted uncomfortably. "Why don't you come in the back and we'll find you something to wear while these dry." Nate motioned Matt to follow him into the kitchen...

You have the following choices:

1. follow Nate to the kitchen

*Noteb*
2. insist on sitting down at a table

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 crater face (UN: craterface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thumbnails has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1062096-Fat-Camp/cid/1505456-a-resaturaunt