*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/913103-Feeling-Old
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #913103
Something written on a rainy day
The alarm clock rang and she rolled over with a groan to turn it off. Beside her bed she noticed a single flower. What had she done? Where had she gone? Who was she with? What time did she pass out and WHY didn't her head hurt???

As she got out of bed she wondered to herself, why such a big bed for only one? Why such motherly clothes in the cupboard?

In the bathroom there were towels on the floor and two on the rail, she groaned. "Must remember to drink less" She started the shower and was greeted by the small burst of hot water followed by icy sheets of cold. "Must be the cylinder again."

There was a knock on the bathroom door, followed by "Can I come in?"
"No" she cries out, "I'm not decent"
The voice laughs, "It's a little too late for that!" and his footsteps indicate he has gone.

Back in the bedroom she dresses, and sits on the bed to finish her book before she has breakfast.

There is a knock on the bedroom door and two children come flying in...

"Happy Birthday Mum!" they cry.

"I feel so old today" she sighs.
© Copyright 2004 Polly Souter (broom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/913103-Feeling-Old