*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/738173-The-Unfading-Flower
by Auryon
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #738173
Will Amaranth ever meet her true parents? And will she regret it if she does?
Prologue-A Memory She Longed to Forget
         Rain poured down from the heavens. It was late, and the sky was dark. The moonlight lit the minor road that the small four passenger car traveled upon.
         "Daddy, where are we going?" A small girl, no more then ten years of age asked of the man in the driver's seat. As she waited for an answer, she gazed out her window into the quickly passing scenery she had never seen before. The following silence lingered a moment, and then her mother spoke.
         "Amaranth, honey, we love you a lot...but..you're father and I..we can't take care of you any longer." she said, in the most calm, soothing tone she could. Still her voice quivered, as if afraid of something unknown. "We.."
         "What you're mother means to say," Amaranth's father interupted, "is that you're a pain in the ass and we don't want you anymore." He said, a gruff tone to his voice, and not even trying to hide the anger within.
         "W-what?" Her eyes quivered. She didn't quite understand it, but hearing the anger in her father's voice, she realized that whatever he was saying...it wasn't something she should be happy about..."What do you mean?" she asked.
         The tall, broad shouldered man sighed in frustration. "How stupid can you be, little girl?! Don't you get it? We're taking you back to the orphanage so some other idiot can adopt you!" He told her. His voice had a silencing affect on the passengers of the small vehicle, and not a word was uttered until they arrived at the large brick orphanage.


Chapter 1-Memories That Return
          The brilliant sunset illuminated the sky. The orange contrasted with the oceanic blue color, and they were even blended in some areas of the sky. Her eyes were closed, her hair blowing in the wind. She was thinking. Thinking about herself...and how she didn't know who she was. She knew nothing about herself...she had no memories.
*****not done yet...but I do need my sleep!
© Copyright 2003 Auryon (amanijme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/738173-The-Unfading-Flower