*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329582-Lost-But-Not-Forgotten
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Paranormal · #2329582
A young witch fears she has lost a family heirloom. 300 words
Lost But Not Forgotten


Anne Newly was beyond frantic; on the edge of hysteria.

“I can’t find it anywhere.”

“What are you muttering about?”

Anne turned to find her worst enemy beside her.

“What are you doing here?”

“It’s a free country last I heard and that means so is the school corridor!”

Anne grimaced.

“I’ll bet you think you’re some great actress because you got the lead in the school’s production of ‘Wicked’”

“Find someone else to harass because you’re jealous. I’m busy!”

The other girl gave her an evil look and flounced away.

“How can I find it, before the first rehearsal tonight?”

Then she heard a familiar tone in her head.

“Wanda?” she whispered with relief.

Unobtrusively, she began to follow the tone. If she was warm, it got louder, if she was cool it faded. At last, she arrived at her locker.

But she was so stressed, she didn’t remember her lock combination. Finally, after ten attempts, she got it open. With a glad cry, she pulled the miniaturized wand from her locker shelf.

“Thank goodness, I found you, Wanda. I would never be able to live it down if I lost a family heirloom!”

Even though she had to study the magic arts, she also had to attend regular high school. For the most part, she enjoyed both schools, but some days, like today, they got tangled with each other. She decided to use her own wand in her role in the play.

“Apparently, Wanda doesn’t like being in the theatre,” Anne told herself.

“You’re too pretty and lovely to stay in a carved box, no matter how beautiful,” she crooned to the wand. At her praise, the wand grew to full length.

“Not yet, tonight you may return to normal in the play rehearsal!”



© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329582-Lost-But-Not-Forgotten