*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329080-Groovin-To-The-Cruisin
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Activity · #2329080
Dorothy Ellis is a cruiser with a difference. 300 words
Groovin' To The Cruisin'


If there was one thing Dorothy Ellis loved to do was drive. Anywhere, for as long as she felt like it. She’d explored many a small town and enjoyed it.

“But when I cruise, I gotta have my tunes to sing to. Even if it’s a ride to cheer me up, I gotta sing at the top of my voice. I ain’t much of a singer, but I don’t care!” she always told herself.

She was taking a Sunday drive. These didn’t always have to be on a Sunday, but they did need to be leisurely and meandering. The music from her car radio had to be Sixties and her voice loud and proud.

In the middle of a boisterous chorus, she heard her cellphone ring. She pulled over to answer.

“Wow, I thought I was the only one who liked to belt them out during a drive. Love your music!”

“Who is this?”

“The car behind you. My radio’s busted. When I heard what you had on, I thought I would enjoy it too.”

Dorothy began to feel uneasy. She drove a ragtop convertible which seldom had the top up, mostly because it was broken. She looked around. Then she spotted it behind a billboard.

She put her foot to the floor and began to speed. In seconds, she heard the siren of the motorcycle cop behind her. Breathing a sigh of relief, she pulled over and got out her papers.

When the cop came to her window.

“Thank you so much officer. The car behind me has been following me. He makes me nervous.

“Which car is that?”

“The red Volkswagen van.

When he went to investigate, she sped off. Suddenly, she didn’t feel like singing when a shot rang out from behind her.
© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2329080-Groovin-To-The-Cruisin