*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328837-Naturism-fan
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Mystery · #2328837
Single woman stunned as she woke up and discovered something unusual by the bedside table.
The dawning light that brightened up the day in Rio also removed shadows from the wall in Clarice's bedroom. Awaken she opened her eyes and curled up under the blanket. It was the first morning of winter, so cold... She looked out the window pane and saw a very dense whitish fog outside, glimpsed the withered branches of the dead tree still standing on the sidewalk in front of the building, but saw no Corcovado Mountain in the background and Christ the Redeemer disappeared in the white mist. The mute and profound silence was sinister; it caused apprehension, bad thoughts, loneliness... Self-absorbed she changed her position on bed, lay down facing the wall with her back to the window. She closed her eyes, thought about the sea, the Copacabana waterfront, and drowsed off again. Clarice woke up sometime later with the sun casting light in her bedroom withal tanning her ear, got rid of the blanket, as a Naturism fan sat undressed on edge of the bed, found a pair of slippers on the floor and put on immediately. When she got up what she didn't expect to see which left her utterly stunned was the used condom discarded by the bedside table. She, who is single, is a sleepwalker and lives alone.


Dilucas21!

© Copyright 2024 Dilucas (dilucas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328837-Naturism-fan