*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328634-One-More-Chance
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2328634
Flash Fiction
One More Chance

“Did you see that?” Jason yelled as he drove up Ted’s driveway.

“What?”

“You didn’t? There was a balloon flying over, it was as big as a house! Jump in, we’ll go find it!”

Ted did jump in, but was pretty sure Jason was trying to fool him about something. A giant balloon was a pretty bad lie, but Jason had tried stupider ones in the past. Just lately though, his lies were starting to push Ted’s button.

“What is it really?”

“I don’t know, it looked like a huge balloon!

“You made that up.”

“I did not! Why would I make something up like that?”

“To get me to go along on one of your stunts likely. Why don’t you just tell me where we’re going?”

“Tresent Park, that way we can see bigger sky and maybe we’ll see where it went!”

Ted looked at Jason, he honestly seemed to believe he saw something, or else he was getting way better at making stuff up. Knowing how stubborn Jason could be, Ted decided to just go along, but just one more time, basically it was Jason’s last chance.

They pulled in and Jason drove up to the highest spot and jumped out. Ted followed. Jason didn’t usually go this far. By now he would have told him where they were really going, as if it just popped into his mind.

Standing there, on the hill, apparently looking for a huge balloon, suddenly Ted felt extremely sleepy and slumped to the ground, barely noticing Jason going down too.

Ted woke in a room made of steel, lying next to Jason. Panicked he jumped up and ran to the window! As he looked out, and saw the planet earth getting smaller and smaller, he decided maybe he’d forgive Jason after all.
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328634-One-More-Chance