*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328538-Saturday-Chores
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2328538
Flash Fiction
Saturday Chores

Alex came around up to his best friend’s house, and found Tim standing in front of the garage, and huge pile of stuff.

“What’s that?” he asked, looking at the pile.

“I have to clean the garage today. Dad told me to start it last week and I forgot, so today I’m grounded until I get a ‘good enough’ part started. So, no park.”

“That’s fine, this looks like more fun anyway,” Alex said.

“Fun? Are you insane? All this crap has to be sorted and then put back.”

“Well, not all…”

“What do you mean?”

“How about this?” Alex picked up a sneaker and threw it at Tim.

“What did you do that for?”

“Even if you find the other one, this is too small even for your sister, it’s gotta go!”

“Oh,”

“So, first you make a keep pile and a toss pile. Then you put back the keeps, and toss the rest.”

“Great idea! Help me!”

They spent the next hour bringing out all the garage stuff and making decisions for which pile to put them in. They even found the other sneaker. Then, Tim got the leaf blower and “blew out” the whole garage and then they hauled all the keep stuff back in. It took all morning, but turned out amazing!

Just as they finished, Dad showed up. He decided to take the pile of ‘don’t needs’ to the dump right then and there, and bring the boys for ice cream to celebrate!

It was an amazing day right up until Tim’s sister got home and started looking for her sneakers, she’d promised them to her best friend because they were still in such good condition. She was outraged that they threw them out!

Somehow, it didn’t seem to bother the boys though…
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328538-Saturday-Chores