*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328379-Better-Than-A-Magic-Broom
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Activity · #2328379
Meena decides to modernize her ride. 300 words
Better Than A Magic Broom


Meena, a modern-day witch, if she did say so herself, had decided to update her transportation.

“There are many ways to travel! I’ve picked a few for test runs. There’s time before the big night and the Sky Parade. I’m determined to win this year for most innovative ride.”

She chose a Swiffer Wet Jet.

“It’s flimsy and I don’t appreciate the green smoke trail it seems to be making. Halloween rides need to be less intrusive, or you end up freaking out the humans again.”

Next, she tried a vacuum.

“Well, leaving through the window is out, it’s bulky, heavy and the cord gets caught on everything,” she decided when said cord kept her from being able to land.

So, it went on until Meena was on the last one.

“Roomba Broomba” she read as she unpacked it.

She looked it over.

“Seems compact and comes with its own docking station.”

She took a seat on it.

“Somewhat cramped, but I can shrink myself slightly to fit comfortably,” she said aloud as she experimented with her shrinkage spell.

“3/4 size seems perfect, and I will still be seen by the judges. Now for a test flight.”

Meena did rings around the nearly full moon. She even tried some trick flying.

She hovered easily and was very pleased.

“I may even pay for it,” she cackled with dreams of franchising dancing in her head. Then she found the only flaw.

“Power low! What now?” she asked herself as she began to fall to earth, desperately clinging to the device.

Thinking quickly, the witch added more power with a spell. The device righted itself and landed.

“Nothing to say I can’t soup it up before the big day. In fact, I have just the soup recipe.”
© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2328379-Better-Than-A-Magic-Broom