*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327961-Amazing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2327961
Flash Fiction
Amazing

Jane woke from a noise outside. She hadn’t intended to fall asleep, so the wake up was good, the noise not normal. Shrugging it off at first, she picked up her book, she was studying for a test.

She was taking care of a neighbor’s cats, and since there were kittens involved, they had asked her to sleep over. It was a good plan; she had all the quiet she needed to study.

Suddenly, she heard a siren, realizing the noise could easily be an accident, she ran to the window. She could see a car, crushed by a fallen telephone pole! She ran out.

As soon as she got outside, she could hear someone yelling, “Help! Help me!” She ran to the car, finding another person trying to open the car door, as a flare was rising under the hood. She jumped in and the two worked as a team, as if they’d done it forever.

They got the woman out, and pulled her across the ground, far enough that when the car exploded, none of the three got hurt. The police and fire trucks arrived minutes later.

Jane, and the other guy, were in the news for weeks. They had saved the life of the principal of the town’s elementary school. And the accident involved a telephone pole about to be replaced, falling, she was innocent.

The other hero was a boy, two years older than Jane. They spent a lot of time together because of the rescue, it seems the whole town wanted to thank them.

While at first it was all about the rescue, after a while it was all about the rescuers. Seven years later, they married.

Yesterday, they celebrated their fiftieth anniversary, with their kids, their grandchildren and two great grandchildren.

Isn’t life amazing!
© Copyright 2024 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327961-Amazing