*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327953-Surprise-Celebration-For-Krieg
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Activity · #2327953
The vigilante dragon is surprised by a party. 300 words
Surprise Celebration For Krieg


Krieg took to the air for his nightly rounds. The heavily armoured dragon had been elected vigilante of these mountains many years ago by the by the flights that lived there. He took his job very seriously. Especially at this time of year.

As he flew over one of the endless valleys between the fang toothed mountains, he spotted a flare of fire that wasn’t supposed to be there.

“I will investigate at once,” the mighty guardian told himself as he went into a deep dive.

As he got closer, the noise became so deafening, Krieg partially closed his ear flaps. He landed on the open ground and looked around. Dragons of all shapes, sizes and colors stared at him, startled.

“Surprise! Happy Saheim and one thousandth birthday, Krieg!” they shouted in a series of roars. The tough dragon had to turn his head to hide a tear or two.

They led him to a roasted pig dinner with castle cake for dessert. Everyone ate their fill and danced in the moonlight. But even on his birthday, Krieg could not forget his duty.

He lumbered into the sky to finish his round. Younger dragons fell into formation on each side of him to escort their hero. He had just finished, when he landed at his home cave and fell sound asleep.

The young dragons made sure the stone that closed the cave was put in place then went back to the party. Krieg lay smiling and dreaming about the surprise celebration for the rest of the night. He rose with the sun and removed his door stone.

To his astonishment, the party was still going on, although it was quieter and more subdued now. He grinned his toothiest grin as he went to shut it down.
© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327953-Surprise-Celebration-For-Krieg