*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327423-Key-Lime-Pie
Rated: E · Poetry · Health · #2327423
I am working on transmitting my pain and trauma with every slice.
The tart sweetness cools my tongue. I close my eyes to savor the taste.
I feel excited about this movie I am watching and inspired to finish my research.
Everything is going well in my little world right now. With every bite, it gets better.

Is it real, or is it fake? It doesn't matter; my perception makes all the difference.
This slice has taught me this lesson: the power that dwells within it. Perception.

Creamy nothingness profoundly affected my life, restoring the optimism that managed to slip away.
My worth is twisted and tucked deep in the shadows of hatred; my essence is stripped away, bruising my soul as my energy gets binged on.
Rose color glasses camouflaged the horror.

I take another bite with my spoon, remembering why I deserve this moment without justification.
Feeling my heart mend its jagged edges back together slowly. Solitude sharing stories of peace and originality,
Reminiscing on the many promises I made to myself and how I would conduct my life.

I quit on the crust as my taste changed. It's never been my favorite part of the pie, and I would skip it altogether. I should treat my circle like this crust. Leave with doesn't serve me without guilt.

I have another box in the freezer with two in it. I have two more lessons to learn and two more dates with myself.
It has to be Key Lime Pie. That taste is the exact opposite of my tortured state.

Pretty soon, my thoughts will no longer linger or wonder about the pain and trauma. I will be focused on new things to learn and experience.
Key Lime Pie has helped me escape again today; pretty soon, I will do it on my own.






© Copyright 2024 Barbara Williams (madbabs34 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2327423-Key-Lime-Pie