*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326100-The-House-That-Love-Built
Rated: ASR · Poetry · Romance/Love · #2326100
" Table full of half finished projects since the most broken one is me."
Everything's in boxes & I cannot breathe
Unable to unpack, traumatized by the scene.

Table full of half finished projects since the most broken one is me.
Marking poems & literature hoping one day you'd seek to understand my plea..
To take preventative measures, to ensure my family stays free.. boundaries put in place to protect our ancestral tree.

Everything's still in boxes & I'm still incapable of breath.
It feels as if I've found myself tiptoeing through the valley of the shadow of death.

The only one who I thought understood, shared his energy elsewhere; manipulated his words to make it seem feasible there were never an affair..
He bowed down on one knee ignoring the despair.. the safe place to lay my heart was no longer out there.

Everything's still in boxes & I've suffocated to death; love didn't hurt you, he left.

The house that love should've built crumbles beneath her feet
To be built back up brick by brick steady stacking pavers searching for something serene.
© Copyright 2024 PaigeExchange (paigeexchange at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2326100-The-House-That-Love-Built