*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325429-Untitled
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Drama · #2325429
Let me know what you think.
Zack was sitting at the breakfast room table, eating a tuna sandwich for lunch. Mya, his wife, walked into the kitchen. He smiled at her. She smiled back, “I want to go on a trip. I am thinking…Charlotte North Carolina.” His smile went away, “Any reason?”

“I just want to go on a trip.”

“What made you want to go on a…trip?”

“I was out doing some errands one day and it just came to me. It was clear as day and I just knew I wanted to go on a trip.”

“Can I suggest an alternative place?”

“I’m listening.”

“Honolulu.”

She opened her mouth, but he continued to talk before she could say a word.

“I know it’s where we went on our honeymoon, but we can still go back. In fact, it could be our second honeymoon!”

“With the kids?”

“They can stay over at your mother’s place. She loves having them around, so win-win. Just think about it. The two of us.”

“The kids are coming.”

“Um…ok. We can go somewhere else. How about-”

“How about this? You have until the kids come home from school to pick another place, then we let them decide.”

“You want them to pick!? You really think that’s fair!?”

She raised her right eyebrow and his eyes widened. He sighed, “Fine.”

She walked away. He quickly finished his lunch, and then went to the computer. He sat there, staring at the screen for about five minutes, then searched for another place.
© Copyright 2024 Andrew W (wegrzynwriting at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2325429-Untitled