*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324398-My-other-book17-Stories
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Liana
Rated: 18+ · Letter/Memo · Military · #2324398
Another book I have been working on.17 Stories (Working title) Feel free to give feedback.
This is a story I have been working on for the better part of 20 years. This book proceeds “One Man’s Revenge.” The main “book” for this is somewhere in my room, which I intend to find as soon as I can. I had started writing what I remembered from the book on July 31, 2024 and found 21 pages of writing from the book later that day. I'm sure you're all sure how excited I am to have found these writings. The first page of writing is torn and tattered as this book has been moved around for 20 years. I'm going to work on getting the book in Google docs before I post anything. I wish I had pictures for you all to see.

17 Stories (formerly Straze)
A tale of the enduring battle between good and evil.

Captain Joseph Russell is a hard nosed Marine and a veteran of two wars and several conflicts. When the United States comes under attack, he is tasked to build an elite squad to eliminate the perpetrators. His plans are changed after the world ends and the government enforces changes that compromise his integrity. Now with a small army behind him and an ailing government official losing his fight, the combat veteran fights to protect his integrity and the clock.In an effort to find a cure for his friend, Russell and his team have to get to the cure, 17 stories up.

The cure for the disease is on the top floor of 11 E Forsyth. The building is heavily guarded and the stairs have become a war zone. The characters have to battle their way up the stairs. C4 to take out the stairs as the plan is to rappel back down.

Medical supplies for the people that are sick are on the 17th floor as well as the ailing government official.


The year is 2235 and the United Nations has crumbled and government as we know it is a thing of the past. The last of the government officials have all but disappeared into bunkers, prepared long before the crumble of the United Nations. A One World Order is being discussed underground in a large bunker. Former Presidents and government officials begin to plan the execution of a One World government.


Excerpt from my book:

Mark swung the car into the alley behind the bank.He turned to Jack who pulled his black ski mask over his face. Mark loaded his shotgun as Jack snapped into his (uzi? Maybe a more specific automatic weapon.)
Captain Russell, Brent & Jane pulled up behind them in an armored van. All but Brent exited their respected vehicles in full tactical gear as Brent had agreed to drive the armored van. Captain Russell looked at his watch, then turned to the others.
“We’ll be in there for one minute before the alarm is pushed. That will give us a total of three minutes. You all know your jobs?” All of them nodded.

All of those that have refused the chip are known as outcasts as they live underground. The small collective of soldiers that remain without the chip are known as “The Resistance” Candice had been working at the bank for a little over a year. Today would be like any other day, or so she thought. Having worked at the bank for just over a year, she had been trained on how to respond in the event of a robbery. Being assured that it would not likely happen, she took a sip of her coffee. (The police & National Guard have a presence at this time.)
Bob, the banks security guard was a clean cut young man in his early thirties. His uniform was always pressed and neat to the eye of thos that saw him as he sat at his desk. Bob sipped on his black coffee with just a tablespoon of sugar. He leaned forward and held the framed picture of his beautiful wife and 3 year old daughter. Bob smiled as he had just found out two weeks prior that another little one was on the way.
Harold, a long time customer of the bank had just lost his wife a month prior at the age of 64. That morning, he brought his wife's jewelry to place in a safe deposit box. The jewelry would never make it to the safe deposit box and Harold's life would end due to a heart attack.

Mark, Jane & Jack waited on the roof while Captain Russell and Brent
entered the bank.
Captain Russells voice boomed as the two entered the bank.
“Everyone on the ground! NOW!”
The two made their way into the bank and Captain Russell pointed his weapon at Bob.
“Drop the piece, nice and slow.”
Bob obliged and slowly unholstered his Taurus 9mm.
“Now, kick it to me.”
The young security guard obliged.
Captain Russell pushed a button on his belt. Just as he did, the three on the roof came crashing through the glass on the roof, repelling down behind the tellers.
Janice pointed her weapon at Candice and motioned for the safe. Candice and Janice walked into the safe where Harold stood with Jim, the other security guard. As the safe door opened, Jim turned and Janice pointed her weapon at him.
“On the ground. All of you.” Janice said as she pushed a button on her belt with her free hand. The push would bring Mark into the safe, carrying an army duffle bag.
“Take your weapon out and slide it to me slowly.” Jim obliged.
“Now get to your feet and start loading this bag with everything in the main safe.”
The main safe consisted of medical supplies that only government and military officials had access to.
Tina, a teller that had hit the ground earlier, crawled behind the counter and pushed the alarm.
“Fuck!” Captain Russell said. Jim and Candice continued to load the duffle bag.
“Three minutes” Captain Russell shouted as the duffle bag was being filled. Mark grabbed Candice and the duffle bag and headed towards the back door with Janice in tow. Jim grabbed his Taurus 9mm and fired at Janice, who fired back. Jim took cover and looked into the safety deposit area. Harold clutched his wifes deposit box in one hand and clutched his chest with the other hand. The robbery had caused a heart attack and Harold had passed away before he could receive any medical attention.


© Copyright 2024 Liana (jbardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2324398-My-other-book17-Stories