*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319550-The-Last-Of-Our-Days
by Anna
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #2319550
An Apoalyse-based story. Willow the main characters parents left her now she is on her own
Chapter 1
Day 1; When Everything Changed.

I strolled home, kicking a rock and counting my steps. After walking for almost a mile, I stopped briefly, took a deep breath, and looked around. I glanced at all the surrounding houses and architecture, not knowing what was to come, and continued my path. Crossing roads and going down alleyways, I reached my house after two miles.
I entered the house and inhaled deeply. However, I was stunned to find green goo and what seemed to be blood everywhere. There were no traces of humans. I went upstairs and still found nothing. Not knowing what to do, I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and dialed my mom's number. But as always, it went straight to voicemail. I muttered to myself, "She must have gotten a new phone again, such a wasteful piece of—"
Suddenly, my sentence was interrupted by a low growl, sounding somewhat like a dog but like a bear. I grabbed a metal baseball bat and looked around carefully, turning each corner and watching my back and any dark spaces. Just as I was rounding the next corner, which led to the kitchen, I saw something dart past me. I spun around just in time to see some sort of monster. The thing was green and black, with bright red eyes and teeth as sharp as a shark.
The monster and I circled each other until it jumped at me. I swung my bat. Thank goodness for playing baseball. I swung the bat again and again, not allowing the monster to get too close to me. I was starting to get mad and as a kid with really bad anger issues… you can guess how that went; CLANG the sound of the bat getting stuck between the monster's hard, sharp teeth. The beast gave me an evil look, and with the bat in its mouth, I picked it up and slammed it against the wall. BANG the monster whined and began to disintegrate, all of him except for one of his teeth. It was like a piece of paper, flat and thin, but sharper than a nail. I took the tooth and sprinted upstairs to my room. Grabbing an old sketchbook that had never been used, I placed the paper-like tooth into the notebook, drawing a quick, detailed sketch of the monster, now I had a reminder of the beast and what it looked like I must think of a name for it. ‘Chiktroz’.
Once I looked around the house some more, I made myself a ham-and-cheese sandwich. I went up to my room. I sat on my bed and ate my food, contemplating everything that had happened in the last hour. I looked out my window and had to look again. “What the—” My sentence once again got cut off, but this time by my phone ringing RingRing I jumped at the sudden startling sound, but I quickly grabbed my phone and saw it was my mom, I sighed with relief. “Hello?” She said when I answered “Mom!!! Where are Dad and you?!” The house is silent, there is blood on the walls and floors and some weird green goo, there was even a monster! I killed it as quick as I could, but mom where are you???” I said, tears welling in my eyes threatening to fall out, my mom sighed “Look outside your window, what do you see?” I went to my window to look outside and a slight gasp escaped my mouth “It is sunny… but foggy, there is a big creature, breaking many of our neighbor's houses, and there is blood everywhere! Where is everyone…?” I broke into a sob, I was hyperventilating at this point, terrified of what was happening. “Calm down honey, you're okay. The world… it's not ours anymore, we couldn't get you out soon enough. Your father and I, along with everyone else in the town must flee, we are going to Mars to live. Monsters and creatures of all sorts have overtaken Planet Earth. We are sorry but you are on your own now. I understand you are only 15, but any shop that is clear of monsters is all yours, you are free to roam over the world now!” I was freaking out when she said all that. I was still looking out the window, I screamed, and my phone fell to the floor “Honey? Honey, what happened” I heard my mom's voice “Willow, sweetie you must listen to me very carefully, I have to go, there are guns in the basement, you can get ammo from the shed or any store around you. I must go now I love you!” beep and she was gone, I was all alone.

TO BE CONTINUED
© Copyright 2024 Anna (annabellk47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319550-The-Last-Of-Our-Days