*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148987-Definitely-the-last-time-300-words
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #2148987
A tale of vows and confusion. Some foul language here.
The first thing I noticed was this stench. Like beef long forgotten in the fridge over vacation. Everything hurt - My back, on account of the hard surface I lay on. Arms, from god knows where, and finally, my head, courtesy of excessive drinking.
I'll never drink again. This was definitely the last time... As far as last times go, this one seemed somewhat probable. With the groan of a dying animal, I opened my eyes. Bad idea.

I had gone blind! In a panic I abruptly sat, only to be greeted by another hard surface, just inches above me. A rude way to put a man on his back, but its effectiveness could not be denied. Disgracefully flopping back, blood trickling from my swelling nose, I pondered the universe, the unfairness of it and where the hell I could be. A moment of kicking my legs around explained that I was inside some kind of metal box. Not very helpful, but some kind of start.

Clearly, this was a huge problem.

With all the strength I had, which weren't all that impressive, I kicked at the wall by my feet. By some rare miracle it followed my suggestion, and made its way into the dark. This display of deep cunning made me intensely proud of myself, until it hit me. A hollow crash made my ears ring and my foot numb, as the door I'd kicked had its revenge. I stood on the cold floor, room lurching as if on a ship. To further my discomfort, my clothes were mysteriously gone. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I noticed several shelves similar to the one I'd just escaped. Realization crept down my back as I opened the closest one, sticking my hand in.

Yup. That's definitely a foot...
© Copyright 2018 Dorafjol (dorafjol at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148987-Definitely-the-last-time-300-words