*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045275-Freedom-Teddy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2045275
The second tale from Lynette Allen's life. She explores her sexuality thanks to gift.
Fur and red leather hung on the racks and on the shelves sat oils and edible unmentionables. Soft music whispered throughout and the sweet smell of strawberries flowed through the air. Lost in the sights, sounds, and smells Lynette stood amazed. With her brown eyes stretched to their limits she gazed at all the things she had never seen. Unconsciously she picked up a box and when she look down at the object in her hand her jaw dropped.
"Girl, what's wrong with you?" her sister said to her.
"Mona, let's go, this place is gross."
"You just ventured too far. Put that thing down and come back over here and help me find something for my honeymoon." Grabbing her sister's hand Mona led her back to the lingerie section of the boutique. They looked at different pieces of frills and lace, finally finding a small white gown.
"This will be perfect don't you think Lynn?"
"Sure Mona, you would look beautiful in any of this stuff."
"Are you saying you wouldn't?"
"Come on Mona, this stuff wasn't made for girls like me," Lynette said as she dropped her eyes to the floor and waited for her sister's reply.
"What are you talking about?"
Lynette stepped closer to her sister and whispered, "A girl my size should not wear lingerie like this. I couldn't put my size 16 body in any of this stuff."
"Yes you could--I bet you could fit this and look very sexxxy," Mona said as she picked up a black teddy handing it to her sister.
"Stop Mona, you're embarrassing me. Could you just pay for that gown and let's go", Lynette said looking around to see who had seen her sister handing her the teddy.
"Okay, I'll pay for this and you can go wait outside in the car if you want."
"Thank God--I'll be waiting outside," Lynette returned after a sigh of relief.
She walked out the boutique and felt her self return to her. As she sat in her car waiting she imagined what type of woman would wear the black teddy. She imagined a tall lean body, with smooth curves and perfect skin. Whoever this woman was she knew it was not her.
"That material would probably get lost in my rolls", she thought out loud to herself.
When her sister got in the car Lynette made sure to tailor the conversation away from what had happened in the lingerie boutique. Instead she quizzed Mona about the wedding prparations and upcoming events to make sure that everything was in order. She also told her sister the things she planned to do to make sure that the wedding was perfect. After thirty minutes of diverting the subject of the conversation away from herself, she pulled in front of her parent's home where Mona still lived.
Before getting out the car Mona looked over at her sister smiling.
         
"What Mona!" Lynette squealed noticing the stare she was receiving.
"Calm down, I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate all that you are doing for me. I really don't know what I would do without you."
"You're my little sister, it's my job to help you," Lynette replied avoiding her sister's eyes.
"When you get married I'll repay you by being just as helpful as you are to being now."
"Well look at it this way, you'll probably never have to repay me then," Lynette said with a light laugh.
At her sister's remark Mona shook her head and frowned. "I wish you could see what I see in you Lynn."
"I do too--tell Mom and Dad that I can't come in. I'll be by tomorrow."
The two parted ways, but Lynette kept her sister on her mind the entire ride to her apartment. She thought about the way Mona looked up to her, and how through the years Mona remained her number one fan. She thought about the words Mona had said at her engagement party when she asked Lynette to be her maid of honor. She had been called the most beautiful woman in the world and Mona's best friend. And although her sister had been her biggest supporter, she had spent years envying Mona. She wanted for just one day to walk in her sister's shoes. She craved the confidence she saw in her sister's stride. Tears came to her eyes as she thought about the secret she had carried in her heart for so many years. She wanted to be Mona.



© Copyright 2015 Ubepolite (chepol36 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045275-Freedom-Teddy