*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938198-THE-MAN-CALLED-JESUS
Rated: E · Short Story · Young Adult · #1938198
This is a story about a young woman who decided that enough is enough!!
This is a story about a young woman by the name of Jacqueline and how God changed her life from dull and painful to bright and free.

Like many, Jacqueline lived a normal life. She played, went to school,ate,had a shelter over her head and had a mom who loved her!!

This was her life until the age of twelve. something happened then that redirected Jacqueline view of life! Her mother was a single mom who who worked two jobs in order to buy their necessities and pay for her education. She worked very hard. She tried her best to give her daughter all that she needed so that she can later look after herself. this was the norm of their lives. Things were going so well for Jacqueline and her mom until her mother decided to take heroine. Everything took a turn for the worst from then on. Little by little she sold items from their home in order to sustain her "high". soon after everything they owned and worked so hard for were all gone. What was she going to do now? S he needed her "hit" and there was nothing left to trade. She was devastated. She needed to get this drugs no matter what so she started selling her body. This went on for a while. When she got it she was happy and when she didn't her precious little daughter paid the price for her misfortune, She beat and abused Jacqueline until she could get her drugs again. This was terrible!!!! Jacqueline was so depressed! she did not know what to do or where to go so she endured it all. unfortunately for this poor little girl, there came a time when her mom's body was no longer good enough for the dealers of heroine. They needed something more. Something less used and abused. Her mom knew what this was and did not hesitate. she gave them what they wanted without a second of thinking. She gave away the only good thing left in her life, her daughter. This occurred for four years until one day Jacqueline came home from school and found her mother's lifeless body on the hard, cold tiles of their kitchen floor. She was dead. killed at a young age from drug overdose. Poor Jackie. what was she to do now? She fell to the ground beside her mother, tears filled her eyes as she thought of how lonely she would be. After burying her mother, Jackie decided that she would search for a job and so she began her search. No one wanted to hire her because of the person her mother was. Jackie was upset. She started to believe that saying that said, " Sins of the parents falls upon the children". There was no way out of this so she turned to the thing she hated the most, she took on the job of prostitution.

Years has now passed and Jacqueline is now twenty-six years old. She lived in a small but cozy apartment  and had all the luxuries needed but there was only one  problem. She was not happy. She knew that there had to be more to life. There had to be more than what she is a part of. Then she remembered her neighbor, Mr. Jones, who was always telling her about this man that he calls Jesus.He told her of His unconditional love for us and how He wanted to be her friend no matter who she are or what she did. Who was this man, she thought. From what she heard, she could've tell that He was none like those she had encountered( and she had been with quite a few). Letting her curiosity get the best of her, she hurried to Mr. Jones' apartment but stopped at his door as a flash of doubt and uncertainty rapidly took control of her mind and body. She was shaking. What was she doing? What if this is all a joke? How can a man like this still exist after all that I have been through? These were the thoughts that were haunting her mind. Pushing them aside she finally gathered the courage to raise her hands and knock on her neighbor's door.Mister Jones had a beautiful smile on his face but the puzzling thing was that his features stated that he was already expecting her. He invited her inside and greeted her with a warm hug. She went cold. it has been a while since she felt such a sincere touch of appreciation. They both sat down after and he began telling her about this man called Jesus. H e told her that this amazing man saved him from a lifetime of drugs and sex addiction. Jackie's eyes opened with disbelief as she began to realize how similar Mr. Jones life was to hers. She drew closer to the edge of the chair as she urge Mr.Jones, who had just stopped because of her sudden gesture, to continue. He told her that all he had to do was to accept His invitation and open up to Him. After hearing all that, she knew right away that she had found what she was looking for. Without waiting another second Jacqueline agreed to try this man They called Jesus. After she opened to Him she felt different. There was something new and alive rising inside of her body and life. She n o longer felt filthy and worthless. She was free from her life of burdens. The weight of the world was no longer on her shoulders. She felt free from the chains of her past but most importantly free from the scar of her mother's mistake! She rejoiced in her new found faith and freedom because she knew that she was no longer being smothered by the embrace of  the Devil.

Jacqueline often preach at seminars which were held for young and old women who were and still was in her situation She explained to them that she now realized that her life is now worth more than a condom and some few filthy cash.

When Jackie was asked ," What is the most amazing thing about your new found walk?' She replied saying ,"Now that I have Jesus as the captain of my ship, storms and floods may come and go but His love and direction always remains."!!!!!!!!
© Copyright 2013 conquerer (egzine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938198-THE-MAN-CALLED-JESUS