*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938151-You-suddenly-find-yourself-on-a-strange
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1938151
Finding yourself somewhere else
You suddenly find yourself on a strange planet, you know you couldn't be on earth anymore based on your surroundings. No, this place is different and the air is thin. Realizing your breathing and thinking about this alerts you. Your attention now falls on the light of day but can't find the sun to be anywhere. Not a cloud in the sky or a brezze of wind. You start to walk, like you had forgotten, every step feels easy and weird, kind of like walking through foam. As you look around there is not a human or animal around that makes you start to think you might need to looking for aliens. You shake you and give a chuckle still trying to process that your on a different panet. But how did I get here? Why can't I remember? A sound of a horn was faint in the distance, it sounded melodic and inviting. The terrian of this new place was much like earth but more beautiful. There were snow capped mountains surrounding you all around and the temperature was a cool seventy degrees with plenty of vegetation. Getting closer to this sound there was a sweet smell that makes the stomach growl and the mouth water. The adrenaline starts to pump through your body with fear and excitement of what your about to discover. All that is stopping you is hill thats it, just climb over. Your so nervous you can feel the urge to start dry heaving and throw up to make the feeling go away. You don't and start to climb. As you get to the top lying on your belly, you take a deep breath to prepare for what you see. Finally you peak over and can smell this amazing smell and can see a small fire burning, a small stream of water running by, the sound of the horn being blown lightly but there is no one to found. You decide to climb down no over the fear and more curious. The stream of water looks refreashing and you touch it like your scared of it, like its polluted water. It was cold and as you rubbed your fingers together in it, it felt like silk. Still you dared not to drink it.
© Copyright 2013 BerlyBlues (bloggin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938151-You-suddenly-find-yourself-on-a-strange