*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1907362-I-promise
by KPPP
Rated: · Other · Other · #1907362
Me and my sister being bad.
The glow of the moon cascades through the ivory that brushes against the back of my leg, as I lay against the back porch of my late grandmothers home. My thoughts are spiraling, trying to get a conclusion to this upheld mystery. The mask is still being held in the palm of her trembling hand. I brush her hair away from her tear soaked eyes and release the words as soon as they’ve been thought. “It’s going to be okay, I promise.” I shouldn’t have done that; made a promise that will obviously not be kept. But I know comforting my baby sister will help just a little bit. I’m glad I’m the strong one, though Id rather it be me in tears, than her. The sirens are getting louder, awakening more fear for her and me. Shadows erupt through the woods, carrying the bright led lights of the flashlights, carried by the cops. My mind goes blank. “Be quiet.” I repeated for the 50th time tonight. “It’s almost over.” I lied once again. And then I grab her hand and the tarnished bag that held our new bundle of millions. We escape through the hidden cellar, which we used to play princesses and act out many fairytales in. Now it’s our escape route as we embrace in the life of convicts. I kept my promise.
© Copyright 2012 KPPP (kppp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1907362-I-promise