*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1892955-Vampire-in-disguise-Chapter-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Young Adult · #1892955
Angel and Aaron have been a vampire for five years and falling in love could destroy them
Chapter One


Angel sat in a tree in the dark forest her arms wrapped around her knees. The dark didn't bother like it should've had, the truth was, was that she was a vampire and like all vampires she had night vision. It had been five years, five years since her life took a turn for the worst and her and her brother had been turned into vampires. Sighing she gazed up at the moon, which cast an eerie glow on the forest below.  Thinking about the day she had become a vampire made her think of another sensitive subject, because the truth was, was that the person who had changed her and her brother was also the person who had killed their parents.

While she was lost in her own thoughts she didn't hear a person calling her name until he was right beside her. Startled she glanced to her right and saw her brother gazing down at her concerned.

"Are you okay? I've been calling your name for thirty minutes," Aaron told her his eyes still filled with worry.

"I'm fine, I was just thinking about..." Angel trailed off refusing to meet her brothers gaze.

"Thinking about our sister, forget her, she made her choice when she killed our parents and turned us into vampires," Aaron told her not trying to hide his resentment.

"I know, but it's not like we can forget what happened, even if we try to, we'll still remember," Angel pointed out swinging out of the tree landing gracefully on the ground below.

" Let's just go hunt," Aaron told her with a sigh, landing next to her and ran off without waiting for a reply.

Letting out a sigh, she took a deep breath before following him deeper into the forest. Soon she caught up to him and came to a stop beside him listening for any noise that would indicate an animal. She heard a rustle from a bush about four feet away and stilled as a deer came out. Catching her brother's gaze she nodded and they raced towards the deer and tackled it to the ground. Then they bit into its neck and drank a little bit of its blood before letting it go.

"We should head back," Aaron told her and started to head back the way they had come.

Rolling her eyes and letting out another sigh she followed him back through the forest until she reached a three story mansion resting on a cliff. " We'll have to go to bed early tonight, since school starts tomorrow," she told him.

"Do we really have to go to school; we've been through the eleventh and twelfth grade over and over for the past five years," Aaron muttered.

"We've already been through this as long as we go to school we won't have any grownups on our backs," Angel told him and unlocked the door slipping the key into her pocket before slipping inside. Then she glanced over her shoulder to see if her coming. "Come on the sooner we get to bed the sooner tomorrow will come and the sooner it will be over," she told him.

"Okay, okay I'm coming," Aaron muttered and followed her into the house grumbling under his breath as he headed towards the living room and flopped down on the couch.

"It won't be so bad," Angel told him and started up the stairs to her room. Looking around her room she grabbed her nightgown and walked into the bathroom turning on the shower. While she waited for the shower to get to the right temperature she looked at her reflection in the mirror knowing she looked just like her mother, except paler since she was a vampire. Turning away from the mirror she checked the temperature seeing that it was warm enough for her. She quickly took of her clothes and jumped into the shower and took a quick shower. Once she was done with her shower she pulled on her nightgown and quickly blow dried her hair running a brush through it. Sighing she walked over to her bed and got under the covers at first not seeing her brother as he poked his head into her room.

"Goodnight, Angel," Aaron told her giving her a small smile before ducking out of her room and headed down to his room.

Letting out a sigh she turned of the lamp on the nightstand and tried to fall asleep finally falling asleep around midnight.

The next morning when she woke up the sun had just risen turning the sky into dawn. Yawning she got up and went into the bathroom grabbing her brush and brushed her teeth before heading back out into her room and getting dressed. She dressed in a red tube top, a pair of black shorts, and flip flops. Letting out a sigh she headed downstairs and into the kitchen to see her brother cooking breakfast. Blinking she poured herself a glass of orange juice and leaned back against the counter sipping her orange juice.

"Breakfast is almost done," Aaron told her glancing at her and smiling. He took down two plates and started taking stuff from the pans he had been cooking with and putting them on the plates. He grabbed both plates and walked towards her setting a plate in front of her and putting down the second plate.

"Thank you," Angel told him and began to eat. Everything people thought about vampires was wrong they had a reflection and could be seen in pictures, they could cross running water, they could eat human food, and didn't burn in the sun it just weakened them . The only thing that the humans had right about them was that a wooden stake through the heart or anywhere else fatal could kill a vampire. The only other way to kill a vampire was to set them on fire and burn them. She snapped out of her thoughts when she realized that Aaron was trying to talk to her and she glanced at him.

"I asked if you slept well," Aaron told her his eyes filled with concern.

"Oh, I slept well," Angel told him finishing her breakfast and got up to put her plate in the sink. She quickly washed her plate and dried it before putting it back up in the cabinet. "What about you? Did you sleep well?" she asked him turning to look at him.

"Of course, I slept," Aaron told her getting up and placed his bowl into the sink and washed it. Then he dried it and put it back into the cabinet. "We better go, so we won't be late for school," he told her and headed out the door.

Angel followed him and locked the door behind her before jogging over to her motorcycle and climbing on. She put on her helmet knowing how she must look with a pair of black shorts, a red tube top, and black biker boots and a helmet. She revved the engine and shot out of the drive-way into the street. She drove to school keeping her eye on her surroundings and pulled into the parking lot at school and found a parking space turning of her motorcycle and putting her helmet on the seat. She glanced down at her watch and saw that she had five minutes to get to class. Blinking she walked inside and down to her home room. She found a seat and sat down getting out her notebook and glanced down to get her pencil. She heard her brother walk in, but didn't even glance up as she tried to find a pencil. She finally found one and put it beside her notebook.

"I hope the teacher gets here soon," Aaron told her sitting down beside her. Then he glanced up as the teacher came in.

Angel looked up as the teacher came in and sighed as students began to file into the room. With a shake of her head she glanced back down at her notebook, but looked back up when the teacher began to speak.

"We have some new students today, so I want everyone to treat them kindly, and their names are Nikki, and Erik," the teacher told them motioning to two students beside her.

Angel stiffened knowing by their stance that they vampire slayers. She nearly jumped out of her seat when the teacher motioned for the new students to seat down beside her and her brother, but gripped the seat to stop herself from jumping up,

"Hello, my name is Erik, and this is my sister Nikki," he told them gazing at Angel his black hair falling into his blue eyes.

"Names Angel and this is my brother Aaron," Angel muttered not meeting his gaze afraid that he would be able to tell that they were vampires.
© Copyright 2012 Twilightclaw (twilightclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1892955-Vampire-in-disguise-Chapter-One