*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844781-Alter-Intro
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Sample · Action/Adventure · #1844781
Sci-fi epic of war, technology, and aliens and their effect on the human condition.
Chapter I

         Lynn opened her eyes and felt the cold, empty expanse of her sleeping pod. Anden was gone, and she was distraught at the thought of where he might be. Sensing her awake, Dryden, their home's computer lowly illuminated her floor with a warm red glow. Lynn placed her feet on the floor which felt like both silicon and cloth. Every bone and tendon in her feet was perfectly placed continuing up her athletic body. Her dark black hair fell below her shoulders onto her light golden back. Her thin shoulder strapped white shirt hugged her torso, and her azure boy shorts appeared painted on her hips. She sat at the edge of her bed and prepared herself. Her head in her hands and hair flowing in front of her face. Suddenly she heard a muffled grunt, brought her head up, and stood. She walked with purpose towards the door, but her body was separate from her mind. In her head she wasn't thinking. Any contemplation brought distress. She stepped through the door, and walked down the hall. The walls breathed with the same red glow, and they felt cool to the touch. Beautiful patterns morphed slowly, similar to vines growing surrounding her as she walked. This house was her human made aura. It had formed a lifetime of data which could be argued to be a memory. Dryden knew her physical comforts and mental recreations. He could anticipate it's inhabitants emotional states and was a member of the family. She had feelings for Dryden, she loved him as a close friend, and some times when she was younger, had instances of being attracted to him.
© Copyright 2012 Peter Kidd (peterkidd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1844781-Alter-Intro