*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722466-Fifty-Three-Years-Back
Rated: 18+ · Other · Emotional · #1722466
Fifty Three Years Back!
Fifty Three Years Back!
                    In the midst of autumn last year she argued me for few minutes, but failed to convince me for her love. And as a last resort gazed at me with optimistic eyes and inquired, "That means you don't love me and you don't care for me"? There prevailed a sense of possession, intense sadness, hurt and an emotional connection beneath her sentence. She certainly wanted my blessing and consent. She perhaps doesn't want to hurt me at the cost of her love, happiness and future. In fact, her complaint reflected her obedience, faithfulness and respect for me.

                    I remained speechless for a while and her inquiry took me fifty three years back.

                    There existed the same urgency of an immediate acknowledgement of love and care from me. In the first week of autumn that year, it was perhaps our last meeting. We did not speak for hours. We were set to be departed for ever. She did not utter a single word nor did she try to convince me with logic or rationale. Yes, love does not demand any reasoning. Her eyes were empty with hope and she was not expecting a miracle. She did not blame or complaint, but I saw the same question and complaint in her eyes. Yes, her eyes demanded some thing from me. After a while there were tears in her eyes as she got my speechless answer. She said, "I will win one day"! Leaving me guilty and alone rest of my life!

                    Today, I don't want to repeat that mistake again. Although I remain quiet but finally I gave a defeatist and promising smile. There were tears of happiness in her eyes and she quickly embraced me, as she got my answer. She won with pride and I saw a bright shine in her eyes. Yes, I have now gone mature and did not hurt my young daughter!
                    Far away, in some other world my lost love smiled too! She finally won!
© Copyright 2010 Gohar Mahmood (goharmahmood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722466-Fifty-Three-Years-Back